HERE'S THE 2007 SERVICE YEAR REPORT

by Mary 66 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Watkins
    Watkins
    Here are the watchtowers interests for that year (which by the way changed from year to year...showing they were completely up to date with what was going on with the UN)

Wow - I didn't know that. I was surprised to see their interests in PEA = International Peace and Security and ENV = Environment and not HR = Human Rights or SOC = Human Resources and Social and Cultural Development. I thought Human Rights was supposed to be high on their list of reasons to have been associated in the first place, since the library card excuse didn't really fly.

Where did you get the documents you showed here(they look like scans), and do you have them for all the years they were associated with the DPI, showing the differences? Thanks for posting those, btw.

These are strong nails(for coffin wood).

So how do we balance this information with that recent newspaper article about JW's being the 'fastest growing US religion'?

watkins

• garybuss
  • garybuss
    garybuss

When did the Witnesses go from "nothing to join" to "membership statistics"?

http://www.jw-media.org/people/statistics.htm

How does one establish "membership" status? By baptism? Or by turning in a "field service report"?

• WTWizard
  • LouBelle
    LouBelle

South Africas' figures have grown - when I left 3 years ago they were hovering around 65 000 now they are sitting at + 81 000. They've been busy little bees.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Isn`t their 30 countries with negative to zero growth?Jah`s not blessing those countries activities? JW`s have an overinflated view of themselves.The mormons have 6 million members in the USA alone,is Jehovah blessing them more? ,they haven`t been around that much longer than the JW`s.And each year the ratio of JW`s & the world population is getting wider and wider,so the longer Jah delays the more innocent people will die

• Mary
    Mary
    When did the Witnesses go from "nothing to join" to "membership statistics"? http://www.jw-media.org/people/statistics.htm
    How does one establish "membership" status? By baptism? Or by turning in a "field service report"?

As long as you fake turn in a field service report, you're counted as a "member".

• sir82
    sir82
    Where is Alaska? May be that explains the increase in the USA.

Alaska got folded in both to the "2006" average publishers and the "2007" average publishers for the USA. So the increase for USA is really [USA + Alaska] for 2007 over [USA + Alaska] for 2006.

You can verify that by comparing the "2006 avg. publishers" for the USA from this report to the "2006 avg. publishers" for the USA from last year's report.

A lot of comments are being made expressing surprise of the growth in western lands - 1 to 3% growth in lands where for the past decade or so growth has been less than 1%.

I strongly suspect that this growth is due to increased attention to immigrants. In France, Spain, Germany, England, etc. (and of the course the USA) immigrants from 3rd world countries are flocking in as never before. The Society is sponsoring hundreds of classes for publishers to learn the languages of these immigrants, and then preach to them.

I also expect that this "growth" will probably continue in the 1-3% range for the next few years, before leveling off or even dropping as the exodus from the "home language" congregations accelerates. That exodus will more than offset the effect of converting desperately poor immigrants in the near future.

I.e., this growth is really just a statistical blip, I think we'll see the numbers drop significantly in about 3-5 years.

Of course, in the meantime, expect lots of self-congratulation in the literature about "Jehovah's blessings".

The scariest part is, they'll think that "Jehovah's blessings" are due to their increased hard-line stance, and will likely turn the screws even tighter as teh years go on.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith
    South Africas' figures have grown - when I left 3 years ago they were hovering around 65 000 now they are sitting at + 81 000. They've been busy little bees.

I was expecting an increase in SA because crime here is so bad that it's easy to sell a paradise earth message. We are still a 3rd world country even though it's not as bad as other African countries we are by no means first world. So sad.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Mary, you wrote:
    "As long as you fake turn in a field service report, you're counted as a "member"."
    So is that a "member" of the Watch Tower Society? I thought membership there was limited to proxy eligible shareholders. Or is it "member" of Jehovah's Witnesses? Because I thought Jehovah's Witnesses didn't have any members, to be a "witness", one "witnessed" (also called distributing literature and soliciting donations).

Or does it mean the member is a "member" of God's kingdom? Or is it Christ's kingdom? And what's the difference . . . and why the distinction? Which kingdom is represented at the "Kingdom" halls? How can one tell?

Or are the "members" members of the Christian Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses? What are the rights and benefits of membership? What's the proof of membership? Where are the individual records kept?

When I was a kid in the 50's going to meetings with my parents, Jehovah's witnesses was not a religion, there was no membership, and directions came from the Watch Tower Corporation in Brooklyn. Now Jehovah's Witnesses are a religion, there is membership, and they get directions from the Christian Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses in Patterson.

I'm confused. I was told the Society was being run God's way in the 50's. What happened? I'd sure welcome hearing from anybody who can clear this up for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit