Anyone here that DOES believe we are in the last days of this system?

by tula 44 Replies latest jw friends

• tula
    tula

Just taking a roll call here.

No empire lasts forever. No system of government will last forever. Religions come and go and change.

When people argue doctrine, they seem to forget that whatever was handed down to us from the old testament was written at a time when people carved hieroglyphics into stone. There is bound to be some misunderstandings when you try to interpret cryptic writings according to todays standards and meanings.

Does anyone else believe that many people are bailing out of religious institutions because many are becoming more intelligent and seeing the fallacies of these "man-made" dictates of control, power, and money-scheming? Every religion has "gone past" what is written and each has made up their own fairy tales concerning the future.

(I don't believe it will happen "the watchtower way". When they speak of the destruction of false religion, they somehow fail to include themselves. At this moment they are being exposed for their lies, just like all the others.)

Does anyone else believe that we are indeed headed to into another sinister control method of one world government?

Does anyone else believe that there is a connection (and always has been) between religion, politics, and all secret societies?

ROLL CALL.

• flipper
    flipper

Nope. Not in this household

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

You need to whittle down your actual question. There are several different questions in your post.

Do I believe we are in the last days of this "system" as the JWs believe? Absolutely not.

Do I believe that religious institutions as we know them are changing? Yes - as they always have been. They change according to the needs of the societies they pander to.

Do I believe that our present day inter-governmental structure is changing? Yes. I do think that the US is on a crash course of foreign policy and testing the limits of a culture built on never-ending consumption. It's a nation burning incredibly brightly, but fading fast in my opinion. The things that made it great are quickly receding.

• BFD
    BFD

I guess I do. Not really in a biblical sense, anymore. As much beauty as there is in our world it seems to me the powers that be are hell bent on destoying us all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh9-z-r1NhY

BFD

• 5go
    5go

Last days of the world, no!

Last days of the American Empire, yes!

• Layla33
    Layla33

Last days of the world, no!

Last days of the American Empire, yes!

What he said. ^^^

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Running Away In CirclesRunning Away In CirclesRunning Away In CirclesLaughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• Honesty
    Honesty

Long ago God spoke to the fathers by the prophets at different times and in different ways.

In these last days, He has spoken to us by [His] Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things and through whom He made the universe.

Hebrews 1:1-2

• oompa
    oompa

What in the HELL is THIS SYSTEM? What a stupid stupid term...........................................oompa

• marmot
    marmot

Change is ALWAYS happening.

Think of all the "systems" that have come and gone just since Jesus (supposedly) walked the earth. They've risen and fallen and humanity doesn't seem to be the worse for wear, it just adapts and moves on to the next big thing.

The Roman Empire is kaput and we don't ride around in horse-drawn carriages anymore, just as the United States will not be the dominant force on the world scene forever nor will we always drive around in internal combustion engined vehicles.

As to how far the trend will go until an equilibrium point is reached, who knows?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit