2008 Memorial invitation scan here

by 5go 41 Replies latest members adult

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I betcha none of my family gives one to me ;-)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The same old crap as every year. It didn't work in 2006 (that was the year I bought a Ouija board instead of going). It didn't work in 2007 (I shredded my invitation, and ordered more Christmas decorations). And it will not work in 2008 (if I get another invitation, that one will be shredded too).

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Thanks for the update 5G0. Well, the artwork is nice, IMHO. But who the hell invites to a meal where no one gets to eat?

• JH
    JH
    No greater love was ever shown

If only I could say that about the JW's................

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I am really torn about going this year.....I have never missed, but no longer attend meetings. Should I do it for my wife? I have hated it for years and thought the whole thing was way off base................................oompa

Don't go. It will just give your wife a glimmer of hope that there is still hope for you.

I faced the same dilema and it was not until I refused to go to the memorial did my no ex wife finially understand that I am no longer interested.

• dawg
    dawg

Cold Creek Swimmer, you have a child being raised in that religion? I'm no Jesus fan, but sometimes the man had it right, there's no greater love that one can give than giving their life....to stand up to something you know for a damn fact is wrong, to take a hit for the team... I just can't see how so many know its shit and yet let their kids grow up in it? YOu aren't even being asked to end your life, you'll still live and can have a great life after the bull hits the fan.

Please don't take this as an attack on you personally, you may be fighting it in your own way... and I've said this many times, never do as I suggest, I don't know sh** but I just don't understand?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Kudos to Bethel on this one.

Looks good. Sounds good. Even the fuzzy Jesus.

I've heard it tastes like chicken tho.

OM

• Mincan
    Mincan

Shit, I'm thinking someone may stop here to give me an invitation...hopefully my assertiveness psychoeducational group will have given me the confidence to tell them to stick it...because it will be someone I've known for years and don't have any hostility towards the person at all, just their bosterousness to assume what I want.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Took a drive in the country and watched the full moon rise.

This was my favourite part of the whole Memorial ... admiring the beautiful full moon on the journey back home.

• takethat
    takethat

Why don't we all go and partake?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit