2008 Memorial invitation scan here

by 5go 41 Replies latest members adult

• oompa
    oompa
    Cold Creek: I am stuck going now. I could say no but my family will probably not talk to me for a week. There is no easy way to get out of this. Oompa, I suggest going for the sake of your marriage.

You gotta be kidding creek! your penalty for not going is a quiet week!!!!!! what a gift!!!!! It sounds like a real easy way to get out of it without even faking being sick.....I have expressed getting the heebie jeebies for years going to the memorial, even to the elders... they called me last year to encourage me to go, thinking I would pass....first of all....it aint a meal like Jesus and the apostles got, and the only ones that should be reclining and eating are the anointed.....WTF are the Great Crowd doing there? And if they know they are not going to eat or drink it is TOTALLY Hypocritical to pass this stuff around with no intend of partaking.....There was only one reason to pass the food....and that was to partake! Talk about traditions of men taking hold.....this is a doozy...................end it........oompa

Invite the anointed and get it done already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........leave us alone

• 5go
    5go

Then don't go if you don't want to. What did your therapist say to do. If you don't mind me asking.

• oompa
    oompa

5go....this never came up yet with the therepist....I dont want to go, and think that may show family how done i am with it.........oompa

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Number of hours and placements? Tree fiddy.

• mama1119
    mama1119

I love the crown of thorns, awesome.

• 5go
    5go
    I dont want to go, and think that may show family how done i am with it.........oompa

Then don't, though be ready to take the consequences what ever they be.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I missed the memorial last year for the first time. It makes quite an impression on jws. They figure you're really a lost cause if you skip and offer no excuse.

Took a drive in the country and watched the full moon rise. This was much more spiritual than any memorial ever had been. No worries about getting a new dress or whether you're invited to go out and dine with the movers and shakers of the congo.

• tula
    tula

Mar. 21, 2:40 p.m. EDT — Full Worm Moon. In this month the ground softens and the earthworm casts reappear, inviting the return of the robins. The more northern tribes knew this as the Full Crow Moon, when the cawing of crows signals the end of winter, or the Full Crust Moon because the snow cover becomes crusted from thawing by day and freezing at night. TheFull Sap Moon, marking the time of tapping maple trees, is another variation. This is also the Paschal Full Moon; the first full moon of the spring season. The first Sunday following the Paschal Moon is Easter Sunday, which indeed will be observed two days later on Sunday, March 23. This will, in fact, be the earliest Easter since 1913.

• heathen
    heathen

The greatest non event of any religion on the planet. I couldn't sit there through another lame talk encouraging people to not join in the ritual. Makes no sense to me.

• tula
    tula

Does anyone else think it's odd that Memorial coincides with Easter this year instead of Passover, like it usually does?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit