New Bethel layoffs confirmed - we get our very own "special" pioneers!

by sir82 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Clarification here :

From all the special pioneers that I know now, they receive $600 each per month. So, for this couple that sir82 mentioned, they would have coming $1200 per month ONLY if they meet the hour requirement. If not, than it is pro-rated.

Yes, they would have to be honest and not fudge the numbers they report in order to get the full amount of $600 each.

Sir82, you may have to double check what the letter to the BOE states.

I have a special pioneer couple in our congregation. They receive $1200 per month. I know of three other special pioneer couples in other congregations and they receive the same amount, $1200 per couple. Mind you, these special pioneers that I know are not from any Bethel layoffs. They were assigned these positions for over the past 10 years.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• cognac
    cognac

So let me make sure that I have this straight...

1. 600 per month per person. when they get a part-time job, do they still get this money?
    2. also, when they get a job, are they still expected to get that many hours in service?
    3. I no a special pioneer couple that moved into the hall where the old apartment was... I wonder if the authorities are supposed to know about this for tax purposes. if they are supposed to know, i wonder if they do no about it???
  • sir82
    sir82

Sir82, you may have to double check what the letter to the BOE states.

I have not yet actually seen the letter yet, I probably misunderstood what was said when it was read - it may well be $600 per person. Sorry for any confusion.

Yes, they would have to be honest and not fudge the numbers they report in order to get the full amount of $600 each.

I'm not sure I follow. It seems that the inclination would be towards being dishonest. If Suzy Special only really got 90 hours instead of 120, wouldn't she be inclined to say "120" on her report anyway, since that means she gets the full $600, not $450?

How does the Society verify the veracity of the reports the SPs turn in, if it so directly affects their payouts? (I have only met one SP in my life, and that was 20 or so years ago. We didn't talk about money!)

Of course, you would think that a SP would be "super spiritual" and would view lying on a report as a "serious offense against Jehovah"...but then again, they are products of the WTS, so lying bending the truth should not be a foreign concept.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

However you do the calculations, No couple can live on $600 per month or even $1,200. Especially since they need a car and will have significant gas and maintenance due to having to go out in service.

The society seems to be purposely setting these people up for failure. They will quit within six months or so. Which is exactly what the society wants because if they do fail they no longer have to pay the $$$. End of problem.

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

Hello

No couple can live on $600 per month or even $1,200. Especially since they need a car and will have significant gas and maintenance due to having to go out in service

comment from New york 44 M

Actually part time work is probably a better arrangement, and just become regular pioneers. However, they could be on the Infirm Spec Pioneer List, if they qualify, and not make the time, but collect the amount offerred. They may be offerred an appt in the Kingdom Hall, where the rent is subsidized. I've seen some seniors live on around that amount per month, and they get by, even with automobiles. They just have to be frugal. It depends on the price of gas/Ins etc. I remember when the Special Pioneer Allow. was less than $150.00 pp, and 150 hrs p.m. But, that was a long time ago, in a galaxy far away. But there was a greater need for pioneers in that galaxy. Darth Vader was a Do Not Call.

• tula
    tula

WATCH OUT for BETHELITES.

Read what happened in 1 Kings 29: 31--33.

Gist of the story: a malicious Bethelite lied to Jehovah's prophet and deceived him!!!

Moral of story: God's prophets are still held responsible for their actions if they are not strong enough in God's word to detect deceit and fall for it!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit