New Bethel layoffs confirmed - we get our very own "special" pioneers!

by sir82 45 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

What is sad, is that they devoted their lives to an org that is now deborging them so to speak. What may even be sadder, is that they will expect the congregations to pick up the slack for them. At least that is what I think. It will be like the unpaid DOs and COs, who continually sponge off of the R&F.

• carla
    carla

Not to sound like a heartless witch, but why are they being paid anything? My jw loves nothing more than to brag how jw's do not get paid anything, none of them. The ones at Bethel get a small stipend and of course the gb but otherwise it is a completely voluntary arrangement. Do the r & f understand that some jw's do in fact get paid? do they pay Fed Taxes on the income?

(note- I personally have no problem with real ministers, priests, etc.. getting paid, that's not my point here)

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I'm glad to know they are getting paid. Now when JWs brag that they don't have "paid clergy" we can say, "Well, aren't you all 'ministers'? ... And I know special ministers called 'special pioneers' actually DO get paid. They get paid $600 per month plus health insurance from the society... Catholic priests get paid $1200 per month plus room and board. So the Catholics are treating their 'special ministers' much better than the Watchtower Society!"

LOL! That's so funny if you think about it. Now that we know this. It levels the playing field big time!!!!

• steve2
    steve2

It all depends on the throw of the dice: If the world ends, all this material deprivation and lack of SS makes perfect sense; if the world doesn't end, it makes absolutely no sense. Since the world has not ended, a natural response for those who have made sacrifices is to at least feel some bitterness towards their fellow beleivers who have not deprived themselves materially and who have SS.

While part of me really feels sorry for the plight of these Bethel rejects, another part of me thinks what sorry suckers they are.

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

I think we should start a collection for them on JWD and forward it to them each month anonimously. Then we they do get jobs and the Borg cuts them off then we can come out of the closet and see what happens. Best case scenario is they see how those of us who left take care of those thrown away by the borg, worst case they send the money back.

One

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

I was typing to fast. What I meant to say was "....when they do get jobs...."

One

• carla
    carla

"lack of SS "--- I thought the world was a better place without the SS.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

congratulations

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Sounds to me the great and powerful master has no respect for his long and devouted slaves

they have served out their usefulness as an committed servant, now its time for the boot

No wonder many guys look at becoming a GB member as a possible way to secure their future with the organization

• sir82
    sir82

No wonder many guys look at becoming a GB member as a possible way to secure their future with the organization

Of course, to be a GB member, you have to be "anointed".

Now that the 1935 cutoff date is a thing of the past, I wonder how many Bethelites will begin partaking at the Memorial, in an effort to secure "job security"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit