DUTCH FILM ON JWs - HEAVY & BIG

by skeeter1 40 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Looks good. I hope it does come to America w/ subtitles.

-Denise.

• Mincan
    Mincan

This whole thing has me pissing and shitting myself laughing.

Edit: God the impulsiveness gets bad this far into Ritalin rebound

• brinjen
    brinjen

Woohoo! Looks like there will be an english version too, titled 'Worlds Apart'...

http://media-imdb.com/title/tt1065318/releaseinfo

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

The film is going to be a block buster, at least among ex-JWs, people who have JWs as relatives, friends, colleagues etc... I have spread the word already, and one colleague and one former neighbour both stated that they are determined to see the film... It is noteworthy that the actors in the films are famous in Scandinavia and it is a real quality production. I will also ask if the film will be shown on cinemas in Oslo...

• XOCO
    XOCO

this movie looks good i hope it gets translated

XOCO

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Since when do elders have beards????

Looks good though...

I'd get a copy with subtitles...

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Elders in Denmark are allowed to have beards. I remember being at a disctrict convention. Some of the speakers had beards.. In my home congregation, you could not even carry the microphone with a moustache...

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

A Danish Jennifer Garner.

Sweet.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Some German X-JWs are planning to watch it together at the Berlin Internation Film Festival.
    http://forum.sektenausstieg.net/index.php?topic=13571.0

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

FYI, I received the following e-mail from a Danish XJW.

I phoned to the PR-firm and talked with Freddy Neumann, who told me, that this film NOT are in front of JW, but alone tell the story about a young girl and all the problems she get with her social relations, the family and so on, because of a love story. The movie don't want to attack or criticize JW, but will only tell this universal story about a young girl who fall in love with a young man outside the social, religious environment, she is very much dependant on and emotional connected with. I will tell you more after we have seen the film. We are (Birgit and me) invited to see the film in a small group of special invited on Tuesday the 22th of January.

Hope you can understand my - I think, very bad english! Poul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit