DUTCH FILM ON JWs - HEAVY & BIG

by skeeter1 40 Replies latest jw friends

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

In the scene where the boyfriend points to the baby in the stroller....it sounds like he's asking, "Will this one die too?" Can someone help me with this translation? Skeeter

• Bryan
    Bryan

Nordisk Film drama selected for Berlin Danish director Niels Arden Oplev’s new strong drama “Worlds Apart” will have its international premiere at the upcoming festival in Berlin. The movie is produced by Nordisk Film.

Two years ago, Niels Arden Oplev received a Crystal Bear for Best Movie at the film festival in Berlin for “We Shall Overcome”. Now, the Danish director has the opportunity to repeat the triumph: his new movie, “Worlds Apart” has been added to the Generation 14 plus-section at this year’s Berlinale.

“Worlds Apart” is a drama about Sara, 17, who lives with her family in an isolated, religious community. She is living a quiet and satisfied life, until she falls in love with Teis, and is drawn by the world in which he lives.

The movie’s protagonists are played by skilled debutants Rosalinde Mynster (Sara) and Pilou Asbæk (Teis). They are joined by actors more familiar to Danish audiences, Anders W. Berthelsen and Jens Jørn Spottag, who also appeared in “We Shall Overcome”.

Berlin International Film Festival takes place from February 7– 17.
    “Worlds Apart” is produced by Thomas Heinesen for Nordisk Film and opens in Denmark on February 22.

http://nordiskfilm.com/Corporate/News/Nordisk+Film+drama+selected+for+Berlin.htm Bryan

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

The bigger question is who has ever seen a brother with long hair and a 5 o'clock shadow?

• golfhl
    golfhl

hi , I'm very sure that it will come out with english subtitles too

But I'm not sure when, also depends on if there is a market for it in US, I'm sure you all know, it's very difficult to get in on the American Movie market for a tiny country, that the majority never even heard of , not to offend you US citizen.

jens

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I posted on a site where there are quite a few danes.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Actually Golf, we have many foreign film theatres here in America. If you have a decent viewing there, I expect we will have it. You're right though, it is almost impossible for a dubbed or subtitled film to make it to average American loving theatre screen.

Bryan

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The US may be a big market, but we have alot of smaller movie houses that show these types of films. Sort of the "hot" thing to do. Plus, this country loves & hates religion. It has appeal; sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll, and religious control are all big. Everyone, whether they are Baptist, Catholic, etc. has a degree of "breaking out" when they are a teenager. At least the public can say, "I didn't have it as bad as that girl." This will draw people (mainly chicks) into this estrogen-laden movie. Skeeter

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The movie is part of the "Berlin International Film Festival" which is one of the world's leading film festivals: http://www.berlinale.de/en/presse/pressemitteilungen/generation/kff-presse-detail_4011.html

• DT
    DT

I'm excited. It looks like an excellent movie. There is a real need for the public to become more aware of the JW disfellowshipping and shunning policies. Maybe this movie will help. I hope it will receive good support (assuming it's good) among ex JW's. Perhaps it will help counteract the biased Knocking documentary.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I just hope the ending isn't that the boyfriend becomes a baptized publisher & the two get married, pioneer, and spawn little dubbies. Skeeter

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit