Good JW Growth for 2007

by voltaire 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A growth of 3% is still insignificant compared to the 27% rate of 1971, 15% of 1974 and the 8% yearly growth during the 1980's.

One quarter of the world is growing less than the global population growth rate (54 countries out of 206 shown had 1% or less growth).

Most importantly, although JWs will sit there gleefully discussing the surge in growth, lets not lose sight of reality. 100,000,000 people were born last year and an increase of only 200,000 JWs. According to Watchtower doctrine, there is now million additional people (on top of the 6.5 billion that were already alive) that God is now going to destroy at Armageddon. The Watchtower growth is insignificant.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm sticking with the post on the other thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/148911/3.ashx

I GOT YER "NEW LIGHT" RIGHT HERE!

Or I only think I have an explanation for the statistical increase of 3%... This is speculative, but hear me out. At the time I wondered about this...

I don't have the records on hand, but starting about a year ago, a new box appeared on the report that congregation secretaries submit to hindquarters, er, I mean headquarters. In addition to the table layout for total hours, literature, return visits, bible studies, and report count of slips for the month for publishers, pioneers, and aux. pios., a separate new box appeared titled "Congregation Members - Active Publishers". Consequently, in addition to the number of active publishers for that one month, there was now a number turned in each month for the number of active publishers for the last 6 months, that would be a higher number. For example, in bOrgville congregation, for the month of December, the secretary received 52 publisher reports, 1 aux pio, and 4 reg pio reports. The total number of reports would be 57. However, the new box asking for the number of active publishers would receive the higher number of 62, since the 3 of the Fader family haven't reported in the last five months (consequently are 'irregular' and not yet 'inactive' until next "month six". At which time, the elders will try frantically to get them out at least one month before the CO returns and chews them out {both the elders and inactive... but mostly the elders, usually}), and in December a couple oldtimers had strokes, couldn't speak, and had no field service time (the Satan worshipping heathens). So, if WTBTS now uses 62 for the publisher count instead of the traditional 57 active publisher for the month, ta-da, instant increase... although no increase exists. The thing I would find surprising would be that using that statistic, I would think the publisher count would be up more like 8%.

I don't know, I hate to speculate, or go beyond what the Faithful and Discreet Slave has written. Oh, um, nevermind. I'm officially speculating without approval here. At the time that box appeared, I wondered why it was there. The next problem would be that next year the artificial peak wouldn't be new and would level off again to more like the 1.3% again.

Sorry I don't have time to research, but I wonder if a number game like this would be revealed in the total hours. The last CO visits have really pushed more hours, more hours, more hours.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Consequently, in addition to the number of active publishers for that one month, there was now a number turned in each month for the number of active publishers for the last 6 months, that would be a higher number.

Very interesting. I wonder though how they report this, and if it changes the peak figure but not the average figure. A couple of years ago they allowed people to report 15 minutes which also created an artificial spike. As you say, it will all even out in time. The one thing can not be missed is that the percentages are way down on the years prior to the generation change.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I would like to think that with the increasing influence on online searches coupled with the media expose's on this cult, that the householders are much more savvy about the garbage the WTS teaches. We can also somewhat rely on the idea that so many of these householders will have a family member or a former friend that has been caught up in this garbage and it is not going well for the householder ever being "sold" on the JW message any time soon. More and more people are being informed on the hideous shunning that is wrecking families, and want no part of Watchtowerland.

This has GOT to have an impact on the "numbers", if not now.....it will be so in the next year or two.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Dear All,

I don't see that anyone has commented on the 2007 report. I must say I was surprised with the impressive growth, not only worldwide, but in the developing countries which have seen some decrease in the last few years. I suppose it will not inspire any do-you-think-the-WT-will-fall-apart-soon threads. I'm afraid that religion fills a deap-seated need for reassurance and certainty which is not going away anytime soon. Despite the pedophile issue (because of the pedophile issue?) there will probably be consistent growth for the forseeable future. Sorry folks, that's the way it goes.

99.9999% of the earth's population could become Jehovah's Witnesses but one fact still remains the same... "Honesty" would never be one of them because he loves his Lord and Savior too much to return to the putrid atmosphere of the Watchtower Society.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

jwfacts, I can only speak for how the numbers would work for this one congregation I'm in.

If they use the new monthly "active publishers" number as a basis, our average for the year would be about 65 publishers.

However, if they use the old "how many reports were turned in this month" number as a basis, our average for the year would be more like 59 publishers. We have several that are irregular for months at a time, but are still counted as active publishers.

If they use the new monthly "active publishers" number for reporting, we really wouldn't have any "peak" to speak of since the calculation method would just push the "average" up to where the "peak" would be (over the course of a 6 month period of irregular publishers becoming inactive).

Other than that, averages would show that placements are slightly down from last year, and hours slightly up.

Sorry, I'd probably be able to understand and explain these things better if I'd gone to college. But I was raised in a the-dumber-they-are-the-better-they-serve bOrganization. Maybe I can explain better after some sleep.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At this moment, I have not seen the actual breakdown of the numbers. What I did see was that they are still slightly short of 7 million on a worldwide peak basis.

And there is a reason why they are experiencing growth, even in developed countries. It's called The Fake Time Report Slip. Not only are children and teens coerced into joining the membership, but many who have left and become inactive are getting fake time slips turned in on their behalf. The accountants are responsible before the hounder-hounder; when he shows up, he doesn't like to see inactives and irregulars. So, the accountants are under pressure. When they can't pressure the publisher to do real time or report their own fake time, they will write up a slip with fake time on the publisher's behalf. That makes the numbers look better, and thus keeps the hounder-hounder off their backs.

With this in mind, one only has to look back to Enron. They doctored their numbers so they could inflate their stock prices. Eventually they began having trouble paying bills, and the truth came to light suddenly. At once, the stock price for Enron crashed, and the company went belly-up. The CEOs went to jail for that. Perhaps the same will happen to the Watchtower Society. Since they need money to run, and they have only so much property to consume, when the money runs out...

• journey-on
    journey-on
    they have only so much property to consume

Not only do they own valuable New York real estate, but just think of all the Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls they own all over the world.....some of it prime real estate! Am I right about that? Even though the lowly brothers and sisters pay for them, isn't the deed in the WTBTS name? Sure it is. And does ANYBODY really know who the WTBTS is? If I'm not mistaken (and somebody correct me if I'm wrong) the figureheads known as the Governing Body are connected to the corporations under the JW name...not the WTBTS name. WHO REALLY IS the Watchtower Society? What are the personal names of those that would benefit from these sales? WHO REALLY IS THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE (if you know what I mean.)

When they start selling off KHs and combining halls, you can believe they are sucking the $$ right out from under the r&f before they come crashing down.

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

The growth may be real, but I would not be surprised if they are applying theocratic warfare here.

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

I think it shows that no matter how much bad publicity the organisation gets & no matter how many apostates there are out there trashing the org, it will always get growh as long as the GB can stir up the feeling that Armageddon is close and there is a bit of accompanying doom n gloom in the news. The GB have been pounding the fear drums hard lately and it is paying off for them. Just look at the 2008 yeartext. As long as they keep creating that fearful sense of expectation that something big is around the corner, they will keep increasing. We live in a very fearful, harsh world and this plays right into the GB's hands. Many people are fleeing to religion for comfort and the JW's are benefiting from this mini revival in religionism.

In some ways, this 3.1% blip, against all odds, is proof positive that the religion is really nothing more than a fear-based, doomsday cult full of mind-controlled, brain-washed fearful people. All they care about is the vain illusion that being a JW will save their ass at Armageddon & they will get the 'prize' of living in their fantasy paradise earth. That's what motivates 90% of them. Truth & righteousness comes a distant second.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit