Work Christmas Party!!!!!!!! What are you doing????????

by helncon 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

We just went to hubby's party on the weekend, it was at a bowling alley\bar. It was pretty good, they are making them more family orientated lately which is good for the kids!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

We are a small company but we always have something for the year end. My wife and I are always invited and we attend. I still won't celebrate Christmas but I always acknowledge my friends for the previous year of hard work

• Gopher
    Gopher

We don't have one. I work for a company with main offices in India. Their big (Hindu) festival each year is Diwali in November. It looks really fun, but I don't understand it very much.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

We usually rent a tatami room at the local sushi bar and stuff ourselves with delicious food and saki. Then we retire to the shop for after-hours drinking and smoking(gasp!) indoors.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

It is called Diwali, and here it is celebrated by everyone. Even Canada's biggest bank. Lots of food for everyone. There is also parades in April for Vaisakhi. Walk down the local area and there's food a plenty. Samosas, fruit, soft drinks-even pizza. It's a celebration of the Sikh homeland. But most have forgotten that, and just generally make fools of themselves.

• helncon
    helncon

Everyone one has different styles of christmas parties.

One of the places that i worked a few years ago had a great one for the family there were endless activites for the kids unlimited food and soft drinks, it was a great day.

I too am self employed (as well as being employed) last year we were invited to a business who was our clients christmas party it was great, so generous of them. I think the wife felt sorry for us being in a new town and not knowing anyone.

Helen

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

Where I work, it's usually not called a Christmas Party. End of year celebration. Those crazy Japanese. This year we won't be having one. They built us a pretty nice fitness facility. So, it's ok. LOL. Last Saturday, they had the children's holiday party, which was pretty nice. Pictures with Santa, and lots of other stuff. My son didn't like Santa much. He cried.

My department is having a dinner on the last day we are scheduled to work. We'll all bring snacks or something. And we're playing "Dirty Santa." Kinda like Chinese Christmas. Everyone brings a gift, that wants to participate. We draw numbers. Number 1 starts out by picking a present. Number 2 has the option of taking Number 1's present or choosing a different one. If Number 1's present is taken they choose from the pile again. It's a lot of fun. We did it last year.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

We'll be having one (a Christmas party) where I work in a week or two.

I've been there a few years, and this is the first one that I am aware of. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

I remember many many many years ago, when I was still a JW - where I worked had Christmas parties each year. It was a large company, and on the day prior to the holiday, they'd start partying around noon - or just after. Folks would just sorta disappear. You might see them later on... with a drink in their hand. I think it got out of hand though, and a memo was issued 'banning' all parties like that.

I also remember me... still sitting there - trying to get work done - the good lil' JW.

I think my lab partner Ken would sorta leave work early and head home for the holidays.

Regards,

Jim TX

• DJK
    DJK

My company went cheap years ago. No more xmas parties or gifts.

This year my wifes company will have their party midday in an effort to reduce the drinking. Wont stop me,,haha. They picked another fine resturant, with entertainment as usual.

• blondie
    blondie

I work with a jw and am a fader so it's best to avoid it. Anyway, its just lunch (pay my own way) and you are lucky if you can sit to talk to 2 people. My support group is having a potluck though that I am going to. Work parties are only fun if you already are close to the people you work with. I am donating the work charities.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit