Work Christmas Party!!!!!!!! What are you doing????????

by helncon 24 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

We're having ours this friday - wooo hooo! Going to an absolutely stunning place called Fabulous. Moroccan food, Harem Rooms and hubblys. Can't wait - it's going to be excellent.

www.fabulousrestaurant.co.za

I'm then throwing a Christmas doo at my place an inviting friends, work collegues for dinks/snacks and some christmas cheer.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

The boss decided we aren't having one, because the employees don't get along. Some of us got kinda sick of constantly having to cover shifts for one woman who refuses to hire a babysitter for her kids, and who calls in whenever her mother or husband can't watch them, or when she's assigned to work a shift she doesn't like. We were joking about it the other day, and he overheard.It doesn't seem to matter to him that WE are getting deprived of family time with our children, and time to get errands, etcetera done, because she is cutting into our time off.

I don't really care. I put my notice in and will be out of there before Christmas anyway.But I may spring for a party for myself and the two other RESPONSIBLE employees.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

same as last year for me - Prime Rib

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

We already had our work Christmas party. It sucked balls, just like most of the other ones. We were supposed to be there at 6:30. Then, they took our orders between 8:30 and 9:00 (!!!!). We got two tiny starters, a tiny main course, and a tiny piece of dessert on a plate that looked like someone wiped their arse with. We finished eating at 11:00 (!!!!)

What else happened? Nothing. It was loud as hell with everyone talking in a tiny little room, and it was freakin' boring. It was also too late for me to bugger off to a Karaoke bar and have fun.

I won't be attending next year. I've attended 8 of the 10 Christmas parties that my work has held, and they keep getting worse. I've had enough.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

We have a great Christmas party. We went last year too. The kids and partners are invited. Last year they got a resturaunt to close for the night and we had a wonderful seafood/cajun buffet. This year they are having it at a country club. The company is owned by three fleshly bros, and they have 8 siblings I think. They throw a very classy party and everyone from mechanics, drivers, office staff, tour managers and artists are invited. Last year they had a 3 piece band playing in the bar. One drawback, they are Penecostals and don't drink. Roadies and artists do. But hubby just buys the drinks on the company card.

I hope all who are going have a great time at their parties!

momz

http://www.bluegrasscountryclub.com/0_common_files/private_events.aspx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit