My letter to NBC about Watchtower's rebuttal

by Fatfreek 52 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Excellent, Paul. Everything helps. I hope you (and we) learn something from your letter.

I decided to open aseparate thread to appeal for help in actually talking to Bethea-Jackson. Here are the contents of my appeal.

Gail Bethea-Jackson -- doctor, as claimed by Watchtower?

Re: My thread, letter to NBC about Watchtower's rebuttal

In the above thread, there is some reason to believe (thanks to VM44) that Bethea-Jackson is not, in fact, the doctor as claimed on the official Watchtower Site which airs her video. The video, although old, was put in place as an apparent rebuttal one day following the recent NBC story, which in turn, appears to be a reflection of the recent Barb Anderson DVD (or CD?).

Let me be clear that I am in no way trying to discredit Gail Bethea-Jackson.

I tried to call Bethea-Jackson this morning several times but nobody seems to be in. My cell phone goes in and out of coverage so my rural home is not a good place to call from. I wanted to hear, from her mouth, an answer to three questions:

1. Approximately when was that video taken?
    2. Is she a doctor?
    3. Has she ever been one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

We need your help if you are a resident near Washington, D.C. If so, please respond here if you are willing to try to contact Gail Bethea-Jackson. (We, and she, certainly don't need a bunch of folks invading her office with some questions. One is all it should take.) If you'd prefer, please send a PM to me and I will post here that someone is attempting a contact. If you, indeed, make contact please report back on this thread or PM me and I will do that.

You may wish to make a telephone call to learn what we'd like to know. There is one number listed below.

The address listed here is 9.2 miles south of Washington, D.C. proper, just below Capital Beltway (i95).

Pathfinder Project, Inc. 301-567-4751
    Gail Bethea-Jackson
    6178 Oxon Hill Road, Suite 302
    Oxon Hill, MD 20745

Len Miller

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I don't think, 18 or 20 years ago, we knew much of anything about

pedophiles

Where were ya' doc, 18 or 20 years ago? For God's sake, what an asinine statement for a professional to make.

I was not studying what you were studying 18 or 20 years ago - but this backwoods, simple country boy, knew that allowing a grown male person to rape a child under cover of darkness was horrible, despicable, and contrary to all that is decent. Gawd!

Jeff

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Moments ago I was able to get through to, I suppose, a receptionist.

Me: May I speak to Dr. Jackson please?

She: Gail Jackson or Dr. Jacqueline (spelling?) Jackson ?

Me: Gail Jackson.

She: She's not in right now.

Me: Um ... Is Gail Jackson a doctor?

She: No -- Gail Jackson is the director here of .... [unintelligible].

Me: Thank you.

My conclusion: Gail Bethea-Jackson is not a doctor. VM44, you were right.

Watchtower Society -- you again proved what you are made of.

Len Miller

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

For what it's worth, I forwarded the "doctor discovery" part of this thread (as an addendum to my original letter) to Brian Williams, NBC Nightly News.

Len Miller

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Is the referenced video still accessible to others here? I have been trying to play it for the past 40 minutes and am unable to do so - unsupported by Windows Media Player... or has it been withdrawn?

-V

• VM44
    VM44

It is working right now, just checked.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Thanks, VM44. I'll troubleshoot my player then.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

I hope someone's got it captured to, say, YouTube because I have a feeling it's going to quickly disappear. I also have a feeling WT is going to hang her out to dry.

"She said she was a doctor 5 years ago and we took her at her word.", or some such spin.

They're good at it.

The jw-media.org web page is probably close to death as well. See above how it's close to expire. We'll see, won't we?

Len

• dust
    dust

The video: http://www.jw-media.org/vnr/2122827332/717263.htm

But which page at www.jw-media.org is it linked from? I couldn't find it at the "Video News Releases" page, although I found another related video there.

Edited to add: I found it. :)

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Can someone tell me where I can watch the video?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit