I Now Provide You With Entertainment.......

by Ranchette 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

<<Should we laugh or cry?>>
    My thoughts exactly, Yerusalym. These, like the quotes from the desperately dating JW forums are getting just too sad. Like LDH said, if they'd just exercise and LIVE in this life, their metabolism would adjust. Like Running Man pointed out, most of those things that we take for granted: having children, gardening, etc--they consider a luxury to be savored in the ever elusive New World.
    It really is so profoundly sad.....It reminds me of how "gone" my mother's life is just because some little "sister" got a hold of her one lonely morning.
    okay, I laughed out loud regarding the meeting people from medieval times, and the ensuing comment from Expat. Like how are they going to communicate? "sorry, mate, we weren't allowed to waste time learning ancient gaelic, or even middle english and with the technology destroyed and all, we don't have any universal translator...not many of us went to college, so....it might be a while...just make sure you don't have sex while you're here---NO MARRIAGE/SEX ALLOWED--if you've already died!!!!" one can only imagine the unadulterated enthusiasm of a resurrected human awakening to an eternity of sexlessness (my husband wakes up from just 8 hours, in the mood!)
    :)
    Love,
    B.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Yerusalyim, and Bridgette,

This all struck me as funny at first and some of it still does. But I have to agree with both of you that some of it is sad.
    I know this is not how I want to think about my future.

Ranchette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit