I Now Provide You With Entertainment.......

by Ranchette 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

From Wol,
    I put some of the funniest stuff in bold print.
    Enjoy!

opic: Unique plans for Paradise
    pantherkatz WOL Stepper posted 09-22-2001 12:09 AM We all look forward to common things in the new order such as, no more sickness and death, no more wickedness, meeting Bible characters, etc.... But what are some of the personal, more unique things that you would like to do? Or you can elaborate on some of the more common things that we look forward to. Here are some of mine: - being assigned to teach a resurrected one from Medieval times - control my emotions - sing with King David - have perfect sense of time and never being late for meetings...LOL - my rate of metabolism will be perfect - see the resurrected ones' reactions to what has happened since they've gone - hear reactions of those who died suddenly or who thought they were going to heaven - be able to truly meditate on Jehovah's laws and not have an imperfect mind to contend with - not losing keys to anything (keys are to protect and since no one will steal.....) - play the piano - build a house that is log cabin, victorian, and modern, all combined with rooms of various colors and themes.....whew! Well, that's all for now. How about yours!! [ 09-22-2001: Message edited by: pantherkatz ] -------------------- ~Jaimee~ "Nothing more complicated than perception." - ST:Insurrection Posts: 84 | From: Mansfield, OH | IP: Logged

Jennzoe WOL Crawler posted 09-22-2001 12:31 AM
    well...hmmm As I've previously stated I would like to play chess with Moses have nice gardens around the world with every type of flower in them Meet everybody Hear all of the old prophets stories and that's about it for now. Posts: 15 | From: Nampa, ID | IP: Logged

Space Cadet WOL Runner posted 09-22-2001 07:43 AM No offense,But I would just like to be there.That in itself would be great. Posts: 170 | From: Goleta, Ca, USA | IP: Logged

grandma WOL Crawler posted 09-22-2001 02:03 PM Ditto, Space cadet! Posts: 38 | From: Oroville, California | IP: Logged

pantherkatz WOL Stepper posted 09-23-2001 12:40 AM Well, of course, I would love to just be there. However, Jehovah does not intend for us to just sit around enjoying the sunshine. Jehovah will give us perfect minds capable of doing a number of things. What would you like to do with them? Jennzoe, I never thought of playing Chess with Moses...LOL -------------------- ~Jaimee~ "Nothing more complicated than perception." - ST:Insurrection Posts: 84 | From: Mansfield, OH | IP: Logged

Dances With Wife WOL Stepper posted 09-23-2001 06:25 AM I want to teach anyone who wants to learn to roller, inline and ice skating. Would like to have the job of taking care of a building that has two rinks, one for ice and one forinline/roller skating. Not the most exciting thing to do or unique... -------------------- So let it be written...So let it be done...But, just to be on the safe side...Let me check with my wife first!! Posts: 52 | From: Wyoming, Michigan USA | IP: Logged

SuperChic WOL Stepper posted 09-23-2001 08:30 PM Well..where do I begin! WHat I would really love to do is be surrounded by older Bible characters and to be able to relate to them what it was like to live in the time of the end. How I was able to see certain prophecies that they wrote come true. I'd also like to fulfill my thoughts of being an architect and design and build my own home, completely made out of natural wood located out in the mountains somewhere. Aaaaanndd...as silly as it may sound, I want to learn to play the drums! -------------------- I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. Posts: 51 | From: Up North, CALI | IP: Logged

onedgill posted 09-23-2001 09:03 PM Dances With Wife, I'd love to be one of your students. I can't skate at all so it would be a challenge. However, I'll be willing to try really hard, LOL. I'd like to ride a horse. I am agraphobic so I have trouble climbing a ladder. A horse right now is out of the question. In the new system however, I won't have that problem. And Panterkatz, I'm with you on learning the piano. -------------------- Sunshine, on my shoulders, makes me happy! :) Posts: 253 | From: Christ Church, Barbados | IP: Logged

suebee WOL Stepper posted 09-23-2001 09:36 PM i want to learn to dance! i love to watch any kind, especially swing and ballroom dancing. -------------------- suebee Posts: 51 | From: greeneville, tn | IP: Logged

suebee WOL Stepper posted 09-23-2001 09:37 PM i want to learn to dance! i love to watch any kind, especially swing and ballroom dancing. -------------------- suebee Posts: 51 | From: greeneville, tn | IP: Logged

penny4u WOL Crawler posted 09-23-2001 09:49 PM
    I wouldn't mind having more children - without the pain! I'm going to start a corn field right away If I could - I love corn! And to have a variety of it, since the Awake highlights the problems of not using biodiversity and genetic engineering. Hum, what else...I'ld like a house, any kind, as long it had a big porch with a bunch of rockers and a big window seat to read. And a big big tub, so that I can soak completely, not having my knees sticking out, small tub, sigh... And that is just for starters... Penny Posts: 49 | From: Nova Scotia | IP: Logged

penny4u WOL Crawler posted 09-23-2001 09:50 PM add art work to that too, I would like to paint again and draw. And play the guitar... [ 09-23-2001: Message edited by: penny4u ] Posts: 49 | MelodyOfDavid WOL Crawler posted 09-24-2001 09:33 AM Well, Ive actually thought about this a lot. Here are some things i would like to do:I want to find someone who met Jesus and i want him to draw what he looked like.I want to learn the piano, violin and drums. I want to learn how to paint and ride a horse bareback.I want to teach resurrected ones.I want to travel every inch of the earth, that alone would take forever.I want to get to know EVERY single one of my brothers and sisters. And of course I want to worship Jehovah without distraction or the pain of imperfection. Oh yeah! And i want Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly to teach me how to dance!!! LOL And i wanna jam with Louie Prima. -------------------- Seek First the Kingdom Posts: 29 | From: Queens, NY | IP: Logged

SunnyDay WOL Stepper posted 09-24-2001 08:39 PM Become a mountain climber Study each and every species of animal individually Explore outerspace Explore alternative fuels Learn to play the violin Learn how to build furniture Travel around the world and meet all my brothers and sisters Learn how to sail Learn to sing well Ask Jehovah all kinds of questions like "So what about the dinosaurs?" Maybe get married and have kids. Depends on if I have time for it! [ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: SunnyDay ] -------------------- There is no such thing as a free kitten. Posts:

Ranchette

• Seeker
    Seeker
    WHat I would really love to do is be surrounded by older Bible characters and to be able to relate to them what it was like to live in the time of the end. How I was able to see certain prophecies that they wrote come true.

"And then, John, what you wrote about the bowls of God's anger being poured out..."

"How were those fulfilled?"

"By, wait for this, by seven conventions during the 1920s where resolutions were read!"

"The hell you say!"

"No really."

"Resolutions? That's it? Did anyone notice?"

"Oh yeah, like, a third of the world took notice with horror!"

"Oh? How was that manifested in the world?"

"Um, I'm not sure."

"Is there anyone else who can explain these things to me?"

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Maybe get married and have kids. Depends on if I have time for it!

That is just sad. One of these days she will realize she is just an old maid, with nobody to feel close to. That is one thing I could not understand. I wanted to get married, so I could have a person to be close to. I could never find anybody in the Kingdom Hall because they were waiting until after Armageddon. It is just as well, because I could never stay married to a Jehovah's Witness after learning the real truth about them.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

AND THAT PRETTY MUCH SUMS YOU UP !!!!!!!!!!!!! STUPID. From [email protected]
  • Ranchette
    Ranchette

Jay,
    I guess it really is sad but I kept thinking how funny it sounded to say,
    Depends on if I have time for it!

The way I was taught, you would have all the time in the world in the new order!

Ranchette

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I can't believe all that material stuff they're looking forward to! This isn't a religious cult, it's a cargo-cult! LOL

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Steph,
    Your right, and it's understandable when you realize that we were told to live a simple life and sacrifice many material things in this system. So life is on hold till the new order.Thus the materialistic daydreams.

Ranchette

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    being assigned to teach a resurrected one from Medieval times

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Witness: So tell me Hogphroth, what do you know about Cain and Able?

Hogphroth: pone cwealm gewraec ece drihten, paes pe he Abel slog. Ne gefeah he paere faehoe, ac he hine feor forwraec, metod for py mane, man-cynne fram.

Witness: Er, yes.....right! Brother Chaucer, what do you have to say?

Chaucer: Whan that Aprill, with his shoures soote
    The droghte of March hath perced to the roote
    And bathed every veyne in swich licour,
    Of which vertu engendred is the flour;
    Whan Zephirus eek with his sweete breeth
    Inspired hath in every holt and heeth
    The tendre croppes, and the yonge sonne
    Hath in the Ram his.......

Witness: Um....good...er...paragraph 2 then?

I would like to play chess with Moses

Witness: Hmmmm....bishop to queen's rank 4!

Moses: WHAT!!! O Jehovah, cast your eyes upon this stiff-necked people and their bishops of Baal and succulent-breasted queens....etc etc etc etc

mass plagues of locusts and pestilences ensue

Expatbrit

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Playing chess with Moses???? BWA HA HA HA!! that's pretty funny...
    Why not trivial pursuit with lets say...Noah? I just don't get it!
    Can you imagine 1000 years and possibly all eternity with this mindset? <having nightmares tonight>

Shelli

"The important thing is to not stop questioning" Albert Einstein

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

Okay, picture this; you have made it through terrible persecution remaining faithful through the “Great Tribulation” and “Armageddon.
    You now have eternity before you and what’s the first thing you want to do above all else?

I'm going to start a corn field right away If I could - I love corn!

Ranchette

• Andee
    Andee
    meeting Bible characters, etc....

I makes me think of taking my kids to Disneyland and meeting Disney characters. I wonder if there is going to be long line to wait in and then one can have your picture taken with whatever "characters" shift it is.

Andee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit