greetings fellow apostates!

by SethMo 49 Replies latest jw friends

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome, SethMo

Yes your in "OUR" family now...FREE from false Prophets. I go to Pennsylvania every year to a convention that is run by an ex JW.Oct 19th But the EX Mormons does all the music (Harveys) Lots of ex Mormons there also.... what is the saying" birds of a feather flock together"Guess we are like the Geese - they fly in a flock & when one is hurt he flies to the ground & another ALWAYS flies down with him -either until he dies or survives -keep flying with THIS flock friend.
    Great to hear from you.God bless with your other half. Just love her & it may open her heart(((HUG)))

Mouthy

• journey-on
    journey-on

Enjoyed reading your post, SethMo.

This stuck out to me:

because we're all people who've come out of two of the thousands of the world's false religions.

Jehovah's Witnesses have a mantra regarding Babylon the Great, who they interpret to mean false religion: "Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share in her destruction."

More and more, people are leaving the false doctrines and false protection of religion. Religion is man made and seekers of truth are beginning to see this. They are developing what

the Bible calls "eyes to see" and "ears to hear".

If you look at the 1800's, these type of apocalyptic religions became very prevalent. Mainstream religions such as Catholicism and Protestantism were old-fashioned and people were

looking for something new and different. Up pops these cult-type groups, and voila!...a new kind of religion is born to put their spin on it and we have Mormons, Adventists, JWs (called

Bible Students at that time), and a host of other end-times cultish kinds of groups spouting their own brand of religious interpretations.

I'm THROUGH with all religion. I seek a spiritual communion with the Divine independently. I have gotten OUT OF BTG!

• Open mind
    Open mind

From one human to another:

WELCOME BROTHER SETHMO!!

There are a few very regular posters here who were never JWs, so don't feel like you're not welcome.

I really enjoyed hearing your story. Thanks for sharing it.

Here's a pretty well made short film on YouTube called "The Missionary Position" that you might enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MBubw8BMK8

Actually, the first 1 minute & 45 seconds are hilarious and well done, IMHO. The following 4 minutes are just a stupid, overdone, very bloody, fight scene between 4 JWs and 4 Mormons. Don't bother watching the fight unless you like that sort of thing. There's nothing at the end worth seeing.

I'm guessing it was done by someone with a Mormon background because it looks to me like they're a little more accurate with the Mormon portrayal than the JWs, but then how would I know. I'm a JW. One of the 4 JWs has a goatee and none of JWs are wearing ties. They do have Watchtowers though.

Let me know what you think. I got a good chuckle.

Open Mind

• Happy Harvester
    Happy Harvester

Wow, Seth Mo! Welcome and congratulations. Glad you are able to integrate into the real world a bit more than before.

It's really amazing how well denial operates, allowing us to accept scientific ideas while still refusing to reject irrational beliefs we hold dear.

I have Mormon relatives, but most of my family are JWs. It has caused a good bit of alienation all around the family.

There are many parallels among such high-control groups. I hope that you and your family find recovery and hope in leaving this sister cult of the JWs.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Hi Sethmo WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I sent you a Private Message please read.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome welcome welcome Sethmo! A very very dear friend of mine (we call ourselves sisters from different parents) was raised a Mormon. She was a good Mormon girl for much longer than I was a good JW girl!!!

I think there are amazing similarities between our upbringing. I hope you enjoy it here.

Love,
    Baba.

• bluebell
    bluebell
    And you know what's cool? It's cool to realize that I really am just like you guys. There's no difference between us in a sense, because we're all people who've come out of two of the thousands of the world's false religions. My church isn't any more non-true than yours, and yours isn't any more non-true than mine. They're both completely and utterly not true, and now, rather than being "special" people, blessed with an honor most people in the world didn't enjoy (membership in God's one true church), we're all just human beings, trying to figure things out and make the most of our lives.

That is so true, also true that you only have to change a bit of the jargon and it could be a JW writing just like you say.

I think there are discussion boards for x-LDS, have you seen any? There are a number of ones on this board who have never been JW so don't feel as if you can't post here because of that, most discussion is welcome here, we only gun down trolls :)

Welcome

• DeusMauzzim
    DeusMauzzim

Dear SethMo,

Very interesting post. I too posted on a ex-Mormon board once because I felt we had so much in common with you. There was a list of abbreviations there which said that "Morg" stood for the LDS Church in Mormon Apostate language, per analogy of "Borg". And the funny thing is, we JW Apostates use "Borg" for the Watchtower as well hehe.

and now, rather than being "special" people, blessed with an honor most people in the world didn't enjoy (membership in God's one true church), we're all just human beings, trying to figure things out and make the most of our lives.

I can totally relate. No one higher TRUTH, and it is so liberating :)

Evolution and the Flood were my little cracks in the faith as well btw.

Enjoy the board!

- Deus Mauzzim

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

South Park did an excellent episode of the lampooning of the Mormons. If it is even remotely accurate, the faith is yet another big steaming pile of......... .

I watched a recent talk show . This fellow said that if you cannot see it, feel it, smell it,hear it, or taste it, "IT" does not exist.

Just don't do that to the "BIG STEAMING PILE".

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Welcome, SethMo!

There are lots of parallels between ex-Mormons and exJWs. One of them is the problems that arise in a marriage when one spouse leaves the religion and the other still believes. My husband is still a JW, and I've left the religion. It's caused huge problems in our marriage, but thankfully we've ironed most of them out now. I hope your wife comes around, too...

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit