New here...

by tribalgirl 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Tribalgirl,

WELCOME to the forum! We are happy to have you here, and are glad you found others who will validate you findings and feelings with their own findings and feelings.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Welcome tribalgirl.

Jeff

• JK666
    JK666

tribalgirl,

Welcome to JWD!

JK

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Welcome tribalgirl - this is a good place to be.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Hi and welcome Tribal girl.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome Tribalgirl

• tribalgirl
    tribalgirl

Thank you all for very warm welcome. I do find this a very nice place. I look forward to sharing and learning.

I was wondering if most of the people here are still going to meetings and keeping up "appearances". I no longer live my life that way and do not wish to offend anyone, but I will never go back, I no longer even believe in Christianity. I hope this is okay. I don't want to offend anyone, but I am a practicing occultist. I only bring this up because I understand the feelings of most people who have lived as JW's. I will not talk about it further here unless someone asks me a question, but I think it's only fair that you know, considering the Witnesses view of it. I will say that NO, I am not a Satanist!

Thanks again for the warm welcome and for all the great information on this forum.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Hey!

Here is how very lazy I am:

I just posted this to "Diana" as she is new and all I did was copy her post to give to you!

This is for you, too:

Welcome to the Board!

Your question could go like this:

"Is there air ABOVE the surface of the water?"

YES!!

We are closing down our site, however, there is some ideas there: take a look:

http://www.jwmidwest.com/

If you would like to write me at my personal email:

[email protected].

If you want to talk by phone, email me and we can make arrangements.

Well, that is the best I can do on "assistance and encuragement....."

Yours in this Journey,

Vernon Williams

Monett, MO (SW MO about forty miles W and a bit S of Springfield

ps: Keep posting!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Tribalgirl,

The majority here do not attend meetings any more. (I'm DF'd, don't ever care to set foot in a Hall again, except for a parent/grandparent's memorial service).

A few do feel the need to stay in physically while out mentally, because of trying not to lose their family in the process. By doing this, some have been able to help their families gradually leave the JW's.

There's a broad spectrum of beliefs and philosophies for members of this board. I don't think the majority practice any one religion. Many are likely to be agnostic. Personally I'm atheist now. As it says in the upper left corner... everyone welcome!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Welcome to JWD!

I haven't been to a meeting in about 5 years now. Not DF or DA, just "faded"

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit