New here...

by tribalgirl 36 Replies latest jw friends

• tribalgirl
    tribalgirl

Hello to you all,

I joined this forum a couple of days ago and didn't want to just keep lurking, so here goes!

My family have been JW's since before I was born, I was baptized at 12.I have six sisters, only one who still attends meetings. My Mom and Stepdad no longer attend either.

I met and married my SO in the congregation that I attended.

We left the organization together, thankfully, about 17 years ago. I have 2 sons who were not raised in that religion.

It has taken me all this time to feel free from the fear that was pounded into me on a daily basis for the first 2 decades of my life.

It's nice to see that all of the things I saw in my congregation, things that caused me to have doubts, were not just in my mind. I'm sure those things will all come out in further discussions, but they are quite numerous and I could spend days talking about it. I probably will, come to think of it...but that is for another day and another thread. I feel part of the group here already just from what I have read and I look forward to getting to know you all.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Good to have you here, tribalgirl.

It can be very therapeutic.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

So glad to have you. It is so nice to know you are not alone!! I am also happy your kids will never have to go through what you did! Looking forward to knowing you

• R.F.
    R.F.

Welcome tribalgirl!!!!

That you for sharing a little about yourself with us. I find it very interesting that so much of your family have stopped attending meetings. That in itself is a blessing. We're all here for you and please stick around and keep posting!!

Robert

• eclipse
    eclipse

Welcome tribalgirl

• brinjen
    brinjen

Welcome to JWD Tribalgirl!

Looking forward to reading your posts and getting to know you better.

• flipper
    flipper

Welcome Tribal Girl- from Mr. & Mrs. Flipper. Look forward to hearing from you. You are among friends here. Peace to you, Mr. Flipper

• mouthy
    mouthy

tribalgirl.Welcome to our "sitting" room where the LOVE flows !!!!

• V1710
    V1710

welcome tribal girl. glad your free in mind and spirt.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

W E L C O M E

I love your nick AND your avatar.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit