Update: Last Nights Meeting

by FadingELD 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

((((((((((((FadingELD))))))))))

You are giving your kids a second chance! I pray that your wife will follow in your foot steps. Give her time, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

You are the TRUTH.

Please continue to come here, because your story helps others to make the hard choices.

• unique1
    unique1

Good for you for being there for your kids. That is more than most children in this religion can say of their parents. I feel for you and the way your wife acted. I hope her love for her family will bring her back to her senses.

• fresia
    fresia

not suppose to leave the marital bed only on the grounds of adultry otherwise you leave the other in danger of committing adultry...thats what the w/t teaches.

But I would give her space, respectfully as this would be a huge shock for her, maybe she saw the signs and was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but better to go than to pretend, I think that would do more damage to youre marraige, at least she should have some respect for you for being honest, and not lingering on with a phony suit on. I guess all circumastances are different. Hope things work out for both of you and youre sons.

Cheers

• Mary
    Mary
    My dad also called and preceded to tell me both him and mom were crushed and would like to come over and talk tonight, I told him that my wife was coming back home to talk and he would have to wait. he then said maybe the entire family should get together tonight and have a family discussion before it was to late.

In other words: They want to try and gang up on you to make you see it their way. You were smart to tell him 'no'. As for you wife, well, she's in shock right now. When you are 100% convinced that this is 'the Truth', it is very difficult to accept even the slightest possibility that it might not be. We've all been trained to believe that by doubting the Organization, you're doubting Jehovah Himself and of course, that'll lead you straight into the arms of Satan. I really hope you can have the opportunity to show your wife why you did what you did. It would be a wonderful coup if you could get her out too.

My father-in-law has also called today and basically told me I have destroyed my wifes life and my sons life.

If you talk to him, I'd say "no, it's the religion that has destroyed our lives, not me." Kudos to you FadingElder for doing what you did. The next while is going to be very stressful on you as this rotten religion will pit husband against wife and father against son. Please keep us posted.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

FadingELD......what courage. I really hope everything works out well for you and your family. Like others have said, your wife reacted the only way she knew how...at least now she's willing to talk. I am inspired by your courage. Your experience helps folks realize that one can be open and honest about their stand with the JW org and the world doesn't stop spinning.

Thank you for sharing with us.

• RollerDave
    RollerDave

FadingELD,

I came on board a tad late, but have read up on all the backstory.

You have my respect for the stand you've taken and the way you've handled things.

So she was snooping around and that's how she found CoC, she must have had an inkling something was up shortly after your son's JC I guess.

Just love her and try to show here that you are still YOU, and hope for the best.

What a lousy way to spend a few days.

I feel for ya, man. I'll be thinking about you and your situation, praying for ya, and checking back.

Stay strong,

RD

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

WOW That is so moving I really hope your wife will listen to you at some point and that she will allow her eyes to be opened. One of the things that helped my wife was the that she finally started reading the book CoC she said after reading the first paragraph the scales dropped from her eyes and she could see that the truth was not really the truth. We were in it for 28 years and I too was on many JCs that I regret having to be on I was also on a number of appeal commitees which are basically kangaroo courts. I think all of us that were elders in this org and who thought we were doing the right thing are very sorry for putting others through the misery they had to experience.

I'm sorry for what you are going through and pray to our friend and savior Jesus that you will be able to save your family

Good LUCK

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Thank you for recognizing that elders put people through a lot of unecassary pain! Sorry, you have to go through this unfair treatment, but you smart for leaving! Your right about your wife, she sound unstable!

I hope and pray that you can some how get your family back together without the WTBTS! I really am glad that the light became brighter for you and your boys will not loose you! Boys will be boys and there is no reason to DF them for growing! Everything will work out!

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Thanks for coming back and telling us what happened with your JC meeting. I have been looking for an update ever since you first posted.

For all the young people out there, and on behalf of your son's I thank you for standing up for them. As difficult as this is for you....it has even been more difficult for them. Let them experience life, sports, art, education. All the things denied to most of us...it is the reason why I left. I wanted my kids to have a life, not grow old and regret that they didn't have an education to support them.

Please keep coming back we are here for you. I am proud of you.

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit