Update: Last Nights Meeting

by FadingELD 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would love to go to a marriage counselor, but......

I know her better than anybody she will say the answer will be in Jehovah's word not man.

Well, then offer it to her anyway. How can she condemn you if you make every effort to be
    reasonable? Ordinarily, I tell people that need marriage counseling, "If your spouse refuses,
    go without them, but invite them." I must say that I see no point in going without her. Your
    basic issues are trust and abandonment of affection to your sons. If she's not there, then it
    might be a waste of money. Just offer it.

Just my opinion (as I just met you online and don't know you). You can offer marriage counsel
    as an ultimatum. "Dear, we have been yoked together. Your own religion tells you to continue
    dwelling with me in this situation. If you want to get out of the marriage, this will be in your
    hands. You will be accountable to your religion and your God, not me. I offer you a way to
    work through this. You should at least give it a try. If you won't, then I see you as abandoning
    me, and I may have no choice but to divorce/move on."

• *summer*
    *summer*

I am SO shocked to read countless stories on how this "true" religion, which claims to show only love between its followers, has destroyed {and continues to destroy} so many families. I ordered the book "Crisis of Conscience" yesterday and can hardly wait to get my hands on it! Your story touched my heart this morning. You did the right thing...emotions are still very raw on both sides. I admire your strenght for standing up on your own two feet...the same strenght will see you through. God bless...

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I am so sorry how this has affected your life and your family. I hope things work out for the best and, if nothing else....really enjoy sleeping in sundays....and giving your kids a "real" life.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Wow, I am so impressed. Your 'unconditional love' of your sons you've proven is astounding! Your sons must be respectfully awestruck with their dad; to me, you win "Dad of the year" among xJWs. Hopefully, your wife will catch up with your personal growth for her sake,,she will gain so much, otherwise, lose so much. So many best wishes for you and your family.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

fadingELD - In legal and religious terms, if your wife has packed her bags and left, then she has abandoned her family, not the other way around.

You may use this to your advantage and to your sons' advantage, if you so choose, in my opinion.

• sspo
    sspo
    My wife is the kinda of person that has the type of blind faith in the organaztion that to me borders on mental illness.

Many of us have gone thru the same,my wife turned me in for apostasy but was able not to get df but she divorced after 25 years of marriage due to

spiritual endangerment.

Give her room,bite your tongue, don't argue with her anymore about the bible and watchtower at the present time but show her a lot love and kindness and patience, they cannot help it, as you said it borders on mental illness and keep in mind we were also brainwashed for decades.

Just hope in due time she might see the truth.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

I agree with the posters who say your wife is in shock right now. She knows you well and suddenly you are a different person than she's known her whole life. She can't predict what you will say and do in any given situation, because you can now think for yourself and don't respond according to WT policy at all times. That must be scary, especially to a person deeply affected by a mind-controlling religion.

Hopefully she will come around and realize that you still care about your children and her, and that will count for something. In the meantime, stick around here and vent all you need to.

GGG

• Open mind
    Open mind

FadingELD,

In reading your description of the JC I couldn't help but wonder if the way you kept things so simple, direct and non-emotional perhaps had any effect on those men. Not that influencing them was your goal, but if it's any comfort to you, perhaps you did.

I wish you well in your life without mental shackles. Hope you take the time to share a little more of your story here when you're up to it. The power of reading so many life stories should not be underestimated. All so unique, and yet all possessing certain recurring themes.

Here's to Life.

Open Mind

• journey-on
    journey-on

FadingEld

My heart hurts for you. This religion puts wedges between families that effect them the rest of their lives. So sorry you and your sons have to endure this.

Most witnesses will say that it's Satan telling you to leave when one "hears" that small firm voice saying "get out of her, and don't look back." IMO, it is

NOT Satan, but the Divine "whispering" to your heart and mind. I really believe there is something strange going on in the organization that is almost manical.

It doesn't even sound sane to tell people NOT to research and examine all aspects of the WTB&TS. If there is nothing to hide or explain, why tell them such

things. And if there is, why not come out in the open and discuss it with your followers? The truth should be a beacon of LIGHT, not something you hide and

are ashamed of. You did the right thing by listening to the spirit of truth that speaks to your heart and mind. Now your wife has to make that same decision for

herself.....does she "hear with hearing ears" and "see with seeing eyes" or does she continue to follow the doctrine of man?

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

Lots of hugs from the a woman who was just like your wife not so very long ago.

Bobbi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit