YK on WT UN NGO STATUS

by You Know 99 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Stocwach,

The WBTS has a pathetic history of predicting Armageddon, which I hope you are aware of.

ROFLMAO! Does You Know know? You should read the history of HIS predictions for Armageddon.

I don't mean to be rude to you at all. Welcome to the board! If you haven't been here very long you won't know about the YK character. His biggest disappointment was the failure of the Y2K problem to bring about global economic disaster.

Stick around it gets to be quite fun here some times.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• stocwach
    stocwach

You Know,

You asked why wouldn't someone who was DF'd for something that eventually was changed to new light? I can't believe you asked such a question!!!!

How in the world would a DF'd person be aware of such a change???? They are cut off from any sort of communication, making it impossible for that one to be aware of any changes with the help of JWs.

In answer to your question on why only a small number are DF'd, again, the majority conform to the cultish viewpoint that this must be God's organization, so it make it all right. I'll stay because of this.

I was raised a JW from about age 6 in 1973 and left in 1984. I had no idea in 1975 though how significant a blunder that failed prophecy was. I remember my mom and dad casually commenting from time to time that the society was wrong and saw the light, and I specifically remember my metality at the time--makes perfect sense, this is the truth, no problem. Only after my research for the first time ever in the last month did I realize more than ever my leaving was a blessing!!

You know give me a break---"preaching will be completed in end of 20th century", "the generation of 1914 will not pass away until these things come to pass", 1914, no 1918, no 1925, no...".

If the Bible says "no one knows the day or the hour..." and speaks of not setting dates, just answer this one question ---why does the Society continue to do so?????????????????????????????????????????

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Y/K - You said:

What about the 1,000's that became traumatized mentally, physically & emotionally at the "hands" of the JW policies? Certain ones (myself included) - it took many many years to deal with the emotional/mental trauma of our lifes experiences. Because of JW doctrine, no real help was available to understand our unique needs, situations. And, in alot of cases, rather than shepherd the spiritually weak, the elders have taken it upon themselves to cut away the cancer again and again. I propose these were true believers that wanted to follow your God. To say they were looking "for an excuse" - I take that as a direct slap in the face because it was so far from the reality for a lot of good people.

Do you enjoy "judging" so many people of whom you don't know their circumstances/condition of their hearts? Isn't that for God to decide?

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

oops - can't figure out this computer stuff (computer challenged). The quote I was referring to was regarding df'd people using their circumstances as an excuse to walk away from the organization (page 2)

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Y/K likes to answer questions with questions...

I not going to quote it for you cuz YOU KNOW where it is...

• Commie Chris
    Commie Chris

YK: Twice on this thread you have suggested that the decision of the WBTS to become an NGO may have been made by a wayward faction of the Legal Department. That is highly unlikely.

First of all, the decision to become an NGO was fundamentally a political policy decision, not a legal decision. The role of the Legal Department was likely marginal (probably confined to a consideration of the possible tax consequences of the decision). Secondly, any ETHICAL lawyer merely provides his client with advice and options, but leaves it to the client to make the decision. This is not a complex ethical issue - it is basic, 1st year law school professional ethics. In a corporate legal department such as that of the WBTS, there is a always a chain of command: the Legal Department is run by a senior lawyer who has responsibility for advising the governing body of the corporation on legal matters. The senior lawyer assigns files to his staff lawyers, who in turn research the matter and provide the senior lawyer with advice. The senior lawyer then provides his client (the governing body) with an opinion letter setting out the advice of the Legal Department and, if necessary, meets with his client to discuss options. The client then makes the decision - not the lawyers.

An important political / policy decision such as this would clearly have been made by the Governing Body. If the Legal Department was involved at all, it would only have been to provide advice to the Governing Body on technical legal issues related to their decision. This is not a case where you can simply blame the lawyers.

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

You Know:

If the "legal" department was indeed the reason for becoming an NGO, wouldn't that suggest that there was a violation in Jehovah's Theocratic order?

Why would the legal department be heard over Jehovah's wishes, as would come from the F&DS slave? Why would the GB allow that to happen? If the GB didn't know about it, and more importantly didn't approve it, how can you trust anything coming from Brooklyn any longer? How do you know what happens from now on is a result of the "spirit directed organization via the F&DS" or the direction of mere men?

How can this happen in God's organization? God set up that theocratic order himslef, according to your magazines...

• Liberated
    Liberated

Sooooo,

The WTS made a mistake in associating with the UN...

and is repentent (they stopped doing it)....

However, it has become known to others in the congregation
    who are in danger of being stumbled....

at the local level, the WTS would be disfellowshipped, or
    be under reproof at the very least, with some priveleges
    revoked for a while....

Are they not subject to their own rules???

Libby, of the inquiring-minds-want-to-know, ya know?

• Dan B
    Dan B

Why do most JW's equate the organization and Jehovah as the same thing?

Because that's the way they want it!

How many times have you heard someone say "you are turning your back on Jehovah" if you voice doubts about the organization? To most JW's they are one and the same. Sure, all, without exception, would not say this out loud, but it is the mindset created by the WT society. How many times at conventions when a new piece of literature is released, is the following announced "look what Jehovah has provided" or "we are feeding at the table of Jehovah"? Way back when, while still an MS, I voiced concern over this link being propogated by the Society. I felt it was a form of idolotry. Interestingly my hardcore loyal JW mother agreed that the Society was blurring the destinction between itself and God. For her though, it was okay. For me, it was a problem which bothered my conscience.

Dan

• Lefty
    Lefty

You Know,

Greetings.

Nonetheless, the question should be: How does Jehovah view such an alliance?

What alliance? The so-called alliance that you speak of essentially was no more meaningful than the piece of paper that is called an application form. As an example: A JW can join a Labor Union and pay union dues. But that’s as far as it goes since he won’t SUPPORT the Union, by voting in who the new officers will be etc. Merely because he signed his name and is willing to pay Union dues doesn’t mean that he has ALLIED himself with the Union and its cause or ideals. So, I fail to see a TRUE alliance with the UN that you imply.

As you know, an NGO is an organization that supports the goals and values of the United Nations.

Yes, that’s what the UN’s INTENTION surely was for any applicants, nobody would argue that point. But the fact that the WTS would never ‘support the goals and values of the UN’ argues that it was an NGO only as far as a piece of paper is concerned. To put it simply and bluntly, the WTS made use of a worldly institution … for which I do not condemn it for doing. Those who cannot appreciate what it is like bearing the burdens that the GB shoulders will of course find fault with such a strategic maneuver on the part of the GB. These same ones would no doubt also find fault with the many examples in the Scriptures where God’s servants used shrewd methods to defeat their enemies. There’s no question about it that Jehovah’s Witnesses live in a world surrounded by figurative Philistines or Cannanites. Therefore, all I can say is, Watch out you Philistines, because we might just put one over on you while you’re asleep! When I’m reminded of the awful way that JWs have been treated in the past by such ones as for example, The American Legion, it makes me want to say hip-hip-hurray when I am made aware of the WTS having succeeded with getting in a punch themselves for a change. I think that those who would not allow the WTS the prerogative to defend itself, even in this manner, are being quite unfair. Those who are biased against the WTS will think up all sorts of ways to condemn the Society over the issue being discussed here in this thread. So what! Christians expect such a thing, and are used to it. So hammer away you apostates.

The stated goal of the United Nations is to bring peace and security to the whole planet…. To bring about that goal though the United Nations feels that individual nations must relinquish their claim to national sovereignty.

Has the UN really been that outspoken to date? I mean, has the UN actually suggested to its member nations that they must get ready to relinquish their sovereignties in order for the dream of “peace and security” to become a reality? I would really like a reference to this effect, if you can supply it.

Globalists visionaries have in fact declared the nation state system of independent sovereign nations to be the most destructive and devisive force on the planet, which it is not. The empire is by far the most dangerous human institution. Nationalists rightly are horrified and see the unspoken agenda of the UN's backers as a cunning ploy to establish a global empire. (Prophecy seems to indicate that they will succeed.)

Ditto!

NGO's are enlisted by the UN to help promote the globalist's view, and to in subtle and overt ways undermine nationalism while promoting the One World religious, political, and social propaganda. Our Christian neutrality requires that we be neither for or against any political system. So, while we are under obligation to follow the laws of Ceasar, to the extent that we can in good conscience, it is also recognized that we cannot promote the anti-God policies or politics of any institution.

Once again, the WTS, by its merely being listed on a piece of paper as being an NGO with the UN, it hasn’t ‘promoted the anti-God policies or politics of that institution’. In a similar fashion, a JW that’s listed along with other employees as a member of a Labor Union isn’t necessarily “behind” the Union’s concerns simply because of a piece of paper that requires the payment of union dues.

I remember back during the Gulf War when George Bush called for UN action against Iraq. It was the end of the Cold War and Bush described the new cooperation among the nations as a "New World Order." Shortly after that time the Society advised us to stop using that term "New Order" to describe the new system. That's because we didn't want people to connect us in any way to the political New Order of Satan's devising. So there is definitely a problem here with the Watchtower aligning itself with a political organization that acts as a counterfeit of God's kingdom.

In view of my previous statements, I don’t believe that you truly have grounds any longer to think that the WTS had for a fact aligned itself with the UN … as you stress once again in the quote above.

quote:

The Society has the right and responsibility to use strategy in the best interests of the preaching work, and looking after the interests of true worship throughout the earth.

I agree. But there is a very thin line between using whatever legal means are at our disposal and compromise.

My opinion: The WTS has definitely NOT compromised its principles here with regards to this issue. It has outwitted the world, don’t you see. Yeah WTS!!! Hurrah!!! Remember the case that involved David in which he feigned madness? Shall we fault David for being so shrewd? Surely not.

I would remind you of Jehovah's displeasure with Israel when they made political alliances with Egypt.

Yes, but in THAT case Israel had for a fact crossed the line … there really having been a political alliance made with Egypt. Such is not comparable with what the WTS has done, simply because the GB doesn’t sympathize with the cause of the UN. The WTS remains unpolluted with regards to this issue!

True, they were seemingly acting for their own self preservation, and they could argue that they were protecting the interests of God's true worship from the threat of Babylonian invasion, but Jehovah viewed such an alliance as an act of unfaithfulness.

Yes he did, because it was just that … an act of UNFAITHFULNESS. Israel HAD FOR A FACT been unfaithful. For it to be a true comparison, however, the WTS would have to render at least moral support to the United Nations. That it has not done.

The accusations of apostates are a trivial thing as far as I am concerned. It is the accusations of Jehovah that we have to worry about. And, I am well aware that at some point we must bear Jehovah's scathing denunciation in order to later receive his healing blessing.

The accusations of those who have left our ranks are as dust on the scales, they have nothing to do with what truly matters … only in their own self-deluded minds. Yes, they can, and have made a little trouble for the WTS … but such ones will come to find out in the end that it will all have been in vain for them.

Thanks for the interesting exchange, You Know. Please reply further if you wish. If not, I hope to have perhaps given you good reason for reconsidering your stance regarding this issue.—lefty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit