Barbara's CD, the Three Year Rule & Pedophile Brothers. My comments.

by Seeker4 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

That's the QB.

Started in 1972, and the policy lasted for a couple of decades.

S4

• geevee
    geevee

Just a question, the reference is that a "brother" has committed a sin some years ago, but I generally understood this to mean an elder or ms? not necessarily a R+F brother.....[just an ordinary one].

I remember reading this in the elders book when i first joined the team and was astounded that we expected the plebs to confess all, yet a
    'servant body member" could get away with it. All you had to do was shut up and you were covered!
    I could see what you are saying seeker

• sf
    sf

Seeker,

Your scenerio entails the elder only touching this child once. He states it never happened again.

That isn't pedophilia.

That's child molestation.

I would not consider him a pedophile unless it was found or he admitted to more children he victimized.

Just my observation.

Great CD!

sKally

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Skally, you missed the point that this brother is saying to the elders that he only did this once, perhaps because a victim accused him, when in fact the idea of the scenario is that he is an active pedophile. Go back and re-read the posts when you get a chance. The idea is that a lying pedophile could have used this policy to stay out of trouble over a number of years.

On the off chance that he gets accused, he tells the brothers that it was a one time thing, a mistake, that he's repented and been forgiven. Then he moves on to a new congregation, where this background of his is never known, as it was never dealt with judicially.

I only brought it up because I was aware that this scenario actually happened in congregations, and Barbara's CD discusses it as well.

S4

• sf
    sf

Got it seeker.

Thanks.

sKally

• sf
    sf

~dup~

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Wouldn't real Christians ask the victin if the perp was forgiven?

Seems pretty damn obvious.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit