Barbara's CD, the Three Year Rule & Pedophile Brothers. My comments.

by Seeker4 36 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Seeker- If the elders were "spirit" guided then they would open their minds to real experts in the field of psychology dealing with child molestion issues and pedophiles, and realize and learn that these perverts never get healed as Minimus says, they just keep repeating the same scenario as they move around in their travels. It never ceases to amaze me just how idiotic the Jehovah's Witnesses organization is in regards to feeling they are armchair quarterbacks or experts in fields that they don't have a snowballs chance in hell of knowing what they are talking about or facing!!

As I've told elders face to face, the danger in that is then they make decisions that either affect or infect somebodies life that can have lifetime ramifications of devastation. All the more reason I hope this crazy cult goes down , the sooner the better, so we can perhaps save our families from it of the (rant with a purpose class) !

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Seeker,

Yeah, I was still in when that change took place. Do you know if it has been somewhat distilled? I started a thread on here a week or so ago about the elders calling me maybe 10 years ago asking if I would be upset if my son's abuser were appointed as a servant. You can probably find the thread easily.

No, as far as I know it is still WTS policy, in fact I would think even more so given the publicity that has engulfed them reagrding this issue the past few years.

The policy was introduced in in 1997 as far as I can recall, and has undoubtedly been strengthened. I knew an elder who was very well liked and thought of as a bastion of his congregation at that time who was removed as an elder for interfering with a fourteen year old JW girl twelve years earlier.

He was a very good friend of mine at the time and confided the circumstances to me. The whole scenario was actually rather pathetic and childish. I think that many JW males, especially those raised as such, have a whole dimension missing in the personalities that should have blossomed as adolescents. In some ways these people never quite grow up and feel far too much sympathy with a missed childhood.

This person admitted all to his wife and two children and they stuck by him. He has never re-offended as far as I know. This was no hardened pedophile, just a pathetic middle aged man who was flattered by the attentions of a child. How ridiculous is that. He was told by Bethel that he would never serve as an elder again despite the protestations of his local elder body and as of today I understand is still no longer serving.

Many Jehovah's Witnesses and it has to be said XJW's, are seriously messed up people.

HS

• BizzyBee
  • Seeker4
    Seeker4

V: "Seeker4: chatting up avatars on a paedophilia topic is a bit creepy, eh?"

Oh, me bad....

Tried to come up with one, (an excuse) but you're right.

S4

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Ok, so I have a question. I am a little dazed and confused (really I am more like a spun top). If the JWs hold to the 2 witness principle when dealing with alleged molestation charges and supposedly they do this based on the bible, where does the 3 year rule come from? Even if it is not in existence anymore, where did it come from to begin with? What bible principle?

From what I remember of my bible studies if someone killed another person, that dead person's family member could take the killer's life unless they went to the land of refuge (right?). The killer was safe until the high priest died (right?) That I remember, when a woman was raped often times her brothers would go and kill the person or the family members of the person who raped her. Granted based on the bible stories the people who went and killed the rapist was not blessed by god, but it was almost justified because of the circumstances (right?)

So, if we go based on the bible, cause that is what JWs do, could a person whose son or daughter was molested by an elder or a position in authority, go and kill the molester and then hide in Bethel until the president of the WTBTS died and then their sins according to the JWs would be done away with.

See, the problem is that we live by the laws in the lands we live in. But the JWs commingled their rules. The cherry picking of biblical laws and application of same is what kills me. It is the speech of the forked tongued one! So that brings me back to where did the 3 years come from?

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

The three year rule came out of comments in the Organization book or it's predecessor. Essentially it asked if a brother should report a serious sin he'd committed years before, and answered it by saying if some time had passed and the brother saw evidence of Jehovah's blessing in his life, he wouldn't need to.

Later, a KM answered a question about what sort of time frame was meant, and they stated the 2-3 year period.

Even though it's a policy that has been modified, it is still having repercussions

And I also think that a lot of brothers in situations similar to what H_S mentioned were let slide in past years. I know a brother who slept with his teenaged stepdaughter, and later served as an elder. Many years later under the new policy he was removed and he eventually left the JWs.

S4

• minimus
    minimus

Hillary, do you know of other "pedophiles" that really weren't pedophiles but just acted like one just once???

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Min,

The point I'm trying to make in that scenario is not that this person/elder did this just once. Exactly the opposite - that if accused of an incident, the pedophile, in the past, could say it was years ago, just the once, and his life gives evidence that Jehovah has forgiven him.

He would of course be lying - I was just pointing out that WTS policy at the time would make it easy for a pedophile elder to continue his abuse, at least in some circumstances.

I also think that there will be elders viewed as pedophiles and removed as in H_S 's experience, who were "just" inappropriate with an older teenager. I'm sure no other men on here have ever had less than pure thoughts about an underage teenager!

S4

• minimus
    minimus

Seeker, I understand and agree.

• golf2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit