Kudos to the Christians/Believers on JWD. (seriously)

by Open mind 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Open mind
    Open mind

Well, it's tomorrow, and I'm no longer under the influence of Martooni & ZinFUNdel.

I've re-read Inquisitor's post and can't for the life of me think what my big reply was going to be.

Open Mind
    (of the, several less brain cells than yesterday, class)

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

Kudos to the believers of Yahweh and Jesus!

Anyone who thinks they've been abducted by aliens, congratulations on such a wonderful belief.

To those who think Elvis is still alive, well done!

Tooth fairy followers, I applaud your faith.

People who believe Santa is real, where would we be without you?

If faith is a virtue, I don't think we should miss anyone out.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Dear open mind,

How you build my expectations, then let me down! lol

Look, perhaps it is my choice of words that grates against you. The message is simply this: some Christians deserve a bit of a wake-up call. Some Christians need to eat humble pie. They need to be put back in their place. Not all deserve a bit of a pat on the back. Not all Christians are alike. If you have read my post then you would know what type of Christians I am referring to.

You might say that it is the right of these Christians to define what is lacking in the JWs according to the standards with which they are currently familiar : Christian orthodoxy. And that is correct. They have a right to express their opinion. But they don't have a right to deny being challenged to validate that opinion. Being challenged is not an example of humiliation.

If a Christian should arrogantly proclaim that "all JWs are heartless scum unlike people in the church I now attend". I have every right to ask if their Protestant philanthropy extends to gays, sex workers, women pastors etc.

If a Christian should denounce the WTS as the "AntiChrist", I would love to know by what scriptural interpretation do they see the WTS SOLELY fulfilling that role. I would love to know how does the current allegation compare with previous fits of prophetic denoucement against the Vatican, the Roman emperors etc. Is the WTS merely a convenient scapegoat for our times?

But the type of Christian who raises these issues (aka groundless anti-JW accusations) more often than not wants consensus from the JWD board, not facts. And it is this type of non-thinking approach that I staunchly oppose and criticise.

When a Christian fails to use his/her thinking faculties, is it condescending on my part to draw attention to that simple fact?

INQ

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

some posters develop a condescending attitude towards Christians and how that made him feel like he didn't really fit in here.

I agree. I feel like that a lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit