ANNOUNCEMENT: "Special" Awake! for November. Confidential ;-)

by BFD 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BFD
    BFD

Just wanted to set the folder on fire

BFD

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

WOW!!! A "Special" Awake magazine!!!

I wonder if it will be as "special" as all the "special" talks I heard, and all the "special" Assembly days and "special" meetings I attended? Will it be as exciting as the "special" week of activity whenever the CO comes? Will it be as invigorating as the "special" magazine days and "special" tract campaigns?

If so I'd rather eat dirt.

W

• Open mind
    Open mind

* in the voice of Dana Carvey's "Churchlady" *

"Well isn't that SPECIAL."

LOL @ Finally Free.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Awake! is SPECIAL only to persons . . .

• Who are spiritually deaf and unable to hear true wisdom when it roars right by them.

• Who are spiritually blind to the Watchtower Society as a false teacher and who instead use it as their seeing-eye dog.

• Who walk, not personally and confidently with God and Christ, but by hobbling along with the WT Society as their spiritual crutch.

• Who eventually lose all balance in walking through life and end up drifting aimlessly along with the WT Society as their wheelchair.

• Whose cognitive impairment is seen in their unique forgetfulness of the Society's errors in date-setting and many other matters.

• Whose learning difficulties are illustrated in their year-after-year view of the same old stuff as "new light."

• Who are spiritually illiterate in their understanding of simple Bible teachings on matters such as "other sheep" and "faithful slave."

• Whose lack of spiritual stamina is indicated by their need of five meetings a week to build up their faith in the Society.

• Whose rigid knees are resistant to bending in humility as often shown by their arrogant boast that they alone are God's servants.

• Who are spiritually dead in company with thousands of their fellow members who have literally died due to the Society's policies on blood, etc.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Forgive me if this was mentioned (as I haven't read all the responses yet)
    but this "Special" Awake mentioned in the confidential letter is NOT SO SPECIAL.

It's just the same-old same-old. A few articles about the Bible and a guilt article for
    "young people." What's the big "special" deal about that?

Added in edit- WOW, everyone thinks it is nothing "special."

• fjtoth
  • nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Mind-numbing propaganda.

It's criminal.

• kicky
    kicky

LOL I told my mom about this last week and last night she asked her bookstudy conductor if it was true. Haha She said he looked at her VERY annoyed and said this is confidential information and that he just learned of it last week.

• JAVA
    JAVA
    Trust me...................they're used to it...............they will go right back to sleep.................

So very true!

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega
    From October's Kingdom Ministry
    Special Issue of Awake! to Be Offered During November!

1 Many people have sincere questions about the value of the Bible. If men wrote it, how can it be called God's Word? What reasons are there for trusting it to direct my steps? If I read and study the Bible, how will my time and effort be rewarded? Which Bible translation should I use? These are some of the questions that are answered in the November special issue of Awake! entitled "Can You Trust the Bible?"

2 We will want to give this special issue of Awake! wide distribution in our territory. If possible, share in the house-to-house ministry with the congregation each Saturday during the month of November. Show this issue of Awake! to your relatives, neighbours, workmates, teachers, schoolmates, and return visits. Carry copies with you when shopping and travelling. The elders have requested extra copies so that the congregation will have a sufficient supply.

3 Start a Bible Study: If you place the magazine, you can lay the groundwork for a Bible study before concluding your conversation. For example, you might say, "Next time, I would like to show you the Bible's answer to this question, `What is God's purpose for the earth?" Then return with the Bible Teach book and show the householder pages 4-5, or consider paragraphs 1-3 of chapter 3. Another option is to say, "Next time, I would like to discuss a Bible prophecy that is being fulfilled right now." When you return, show the householder chapter 9 of the book and consider together paragraphs 1-3. Or you might simply tell the householder: "Many find it difficult to understand what they read in the Bible. Next time, I would like to show you how you can understand your Bible better." On the return visit, introduce the Bible Teach book, and demonstrate a study.

4 Only the Bible contains "holy writings," which are able to make us "wise for salvation." 2 Tim. 3:15 Therefore, all of us will want to have a zealous share in distributing this special issue of Awake! to help people develop trust in the Bible!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit