ANNOUNCEMENT: "Special" Awake! for November. Confidential ;-)

by BFD 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

''Special Edition''? usually means costs a bit more and include a free toy...November eh...? So how early will the R&F get wind of this so they can work themselves up into a frenzy? Is it ''NEW LIGHT'' that the Watchtower Society is sayng we can trust the Bible?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Here is one of the past YPA questions - they can just recycle this garbage. In part it says;

Young

PeopleAsk... [From the 6-8-87 Awake page 18,19 ]

"Is

theBibleReallyTrue?"

"TwoAreBetterThanOne"

Of course, you may need some assistance in looking into the Bible. And the Watch Tower Society has produced publications to help. In addition, Ecclesiastes 4:9 reminds us that "two are better than one." Why not go to someone you trust, someone who will not minimize the problem, and ask for help?

For example, 15-year-old Walter discovered that few of his schoolmates or teachers believed the Bible. This disturbed and confused him. However, he explained his feelings to his father. They then spent many hours together in careful study of the Bible to build confidence in its truthfulness. "I was able to find good reasons for believing the Bible rather than just blindly accepting it," he says.—Romans 12:1, 2.

"Be honest with your parents if you have any problems in this regard," suggests Janel, a young woman. "Ask questions if there is something you find difficult to believe." (Proverbs 15:22) Dennis learned the hard way. He went through a painful period of being rebellious before proving to himself that the Bible is true. His experience taught him the need for deep personal interest and effort to build trust in the Bible. "It can lead to real problems later," he says, "if you just passively accept what your parents tell you without thinking about it yourself."—1 Timothy 4:15.

Another great source of help in this matter is association with others whose faith in the Bible is strong. (Proverbs 27:17) "Ask others what convinced them," says Dennis. And when you are meeting with fellow believers, make it your practice to be a good listener. (Hebrews 10:24, 25) "I just used to sit there and not take much in at the meetings," says 21-year-old Kimberley. "Then I realized that if I was ever going to have real faith in the Bible, I had to do much more." She followed the advice of Proverbs 1:5. She ‘listened better and took in more instruction.’

Finally, there is the need to have the right attitude. (Psalm 25:4, 5, 9) If you are to have trust in the Bible, "it is really important to pray to God for help," emphasizes Sarah. After all, it is his book. We need to follow a principle Jesus stated: "Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find." (Matthew 7:7) In this way you can build confidence in the Bible.

The apostle Paul said to Timothy: "You, however, continue in the things that you learned and werepersuadedtobelieve," or, as TheNewTestamentinModernEnglish puts it, "those things that you have learned and which you know are true." (2 Timothy 3:14) Timothy was persuaded to believe the things he learned because he was given adequate proof. So was Michelle, mentioned at the beginning of this article. She examined the evidence carefully and is now able to say, "I am sure that the Bible is true."

[Footnotes]

On the fulfillment of prophecy, you might read OurIncomingWorldGovernment—God’sKingdom or chapter 7 of "LetYourKingdomCome," which deals with prophecies concerning the coming of Jesus Christ. Other helpful information can be found in IstheBibleReallytheWordofGod?,"AllScriptureIsInspiredofGodandBeneficial," and chapters 17 and 18 of Life—HowDidItGetHere?ByEvolutionorbyCreation?

• eclipse
    eclipse

I wonder how let down they will be when they read it and realize it's just the same drivel, just with ''special edition'' added to the title...

I remember feeling let down, but just thinking it was me who was in the wrong for not thinking it was anything to get overly excited about.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Of course they would have to change the publications list here - otherwise all these poor 9 year old baptism candidates would be disfellowshipped as 'apostates' soon after.

One must 'eat suitable [new light] food' only!

Jeff

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Thanks Rat and BFD! I understand that Rat wants to keep a low profile, can't blame him if the stakes are high.

This hoopla sounds like something my Mom lives for. She falls for it every time. Maybe they've revived some old new threats about how you have to trust the Bible, the NWT Bible that is. For now, it sounds like the same old, same old with a lot of hype.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Amber Rose said:

Last year, maybe around September they had a "Special" edition of the Awake. Something about science or evolution. There was nothing special about it except it might have said "Special Edition" on the cover. It was just a trick to get the members excited.

I 99% agree with you. Except, I think there was one little special thing about it. Of course you have to speculate and read between the lines, but here goes.

There was an entire article devoted to the question of: How long were the creative days? Now, you'd think that since it's been decades since they've thrown around 7000 year creative days that this would be a perfect opportunity to either restate that crap or back away from it. Well, the bottom line of the article was that they were "unspecified periods of time" or words to that effect. They're just biding their time to wait for the old folks to die off before they come out and say that the days may have been millions of years long. IMHO and all that.

Open Mind

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

These special articles, etc, are really nothing but ordinary, run of the mill stuff with an extra coat of varnish. This is done purely to boost JW morale. Most of them are bored out of their skulls from all the years of monotonous meetings saying the same thing over and over so these pathetic morsels of excitement that the WTS feeds them are about the only excitement they get. Sad.

• integ
    integ

Am I missing something? This sounds even MORE boring than everything else.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    I wonder how let down they will be when they read it and realize it's just the same drivel, just with ''special edition'' added to the title...

Trust me...................they're used to it...............they will go right back to sleep.................

• icyestrm
    icyestrm

The special awake should be retitled 'Can You Trust the FDS?' and throughout this rag will be 31 pages of mind damaging garbage

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit