Open Discussions About The Paranormal

by The wanderer 113 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

BlackSwan,

Streuth, sometimes I wonder how some of the people on this Board can find their own front door! It is always an embarrassment when one needs to explain the obvious, but my post to Wanderer was a PARODY.

Let me explain, as it is obvious that I need too. Wanderer took it upon himself to delve into very deep thread on the chronological basis of WTS prophecies, and ignoring the subject in total counselled AlanF for his posting techniques. He patted him on the head for sense stress and modulation, but asked him to W. on use of notes. I made comment on his own posting style. Look it up if you want a giggle.

He then contacted me via PM and for some unknown reason for which he has never explained himself, related his educational history and his present employment to me believing perhaps that I would impressed. He asked what my educational history etc. was and I told him, remarking that I had no idea why he was asking for this information. As my own overshadowed his, he disappeared from my inbox without explaining his intrusion. This however has not stopped him from continually patting people on the head if their posting style meets with his pleasure, or making suggestions as to how to post properly if they do not, all the while seldom making any serious comments about the subject in the thread.

This is a discussion Board and the only people who should have an input into how a fellow poster posts are the moderators. When Wanderer understands this, it will be a good day for us all.

Hence the parody.

HS

PS - "Try not to become too emotional in your response" and if possible please do not quote large chunks of text as this is not pleasing to the eye - many thanks. <--------- Do you get it now?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Uggggh....

Ya know don't make me go on a wild goose hunt for this thread.

IF that is what you are referring to, Provide the link dammit.

Maybe (to people like me who have not read said post) it might make sense after Reading it.

I mean ya know, not all of us sit around the computer all day reading every single word.....

Anyway.

Link please?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I believe this is what you are referring to:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/134114/2387404/post.ashx#2387404

Mr/Mrs Step, I will only say knowing Richard the little that I do, I honestly don't think he meant any harm.

But that being said, it was actually funny.

mea culpa

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Well, sorry to do this Richard, but to be fair:

For those, like me, who aren't quite aware of why the "Formatting" has become an issue.

Here is a second link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/134114/2388966/post.ashx#2388966

My apologies Mr/Mrs Step.

I wasn't aware of which your "parody" was referring to. Yes, I "get it" now.

<breaks fingers away from keyboard>

still the question begs an answer, regardless of formatting, why can't we keep the belittling out of discussions?

And yes, it is demanded that it works both ways, to be fair.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wanderer..I have`nt responded to this thread till now..I am amused by it..As usual,hillary_step has me laughing.....Wanderer you and I have had many PM discussions..I want you remember something I told you.....When you start a Thread,it has a life of it`s own.Most of the time,Posters will never give the you answer you expect............Some posters may agree with you..Some may not..They`re all going to have their own way of expressing this to you..You may not like it..But..The truth is,you have no control over it..The responses you get,are the responses you get..Like all of us,you`ll have to live with it...OUTLAW

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Hello Outlaw:

All I wanted to know was why individuals had this
    need to become critical, insulting and so forth
    when discussing the issue regarding the paranormal.

It has gotten way to out of control.

All the best Outlaw and BlackSwan!

Respectfully,

Richard

P.S. Hill, you are too emotional and high
    strung for me to consider a conversation
    with you regarding any matter. And, your
    comments are sprinkled with insults.

Why would I waste my time with you?

End.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wanderer,

P.S. Hill, you are too emotional and high strung for me to consider a conversation with you regarding any matter. And, your
    comments are sprinkled with insults.

lol....and of course you were unable to impress me with your educational achievements which does not suit your world-view.

Think what you may of me, it means nothing to me. The normal criticisms that come my way are that I lack emotion and am too clinical in my analysis of issue and people, so make of that what you wish, but one thing that I can spot at a great distance and that is a great big fat, hairy phoney.

HS

PS - I have formatted your paragraph so that it give more fluidity in the quotation box and does not swallow up too much room by being held in a larger format box. I hope you do not mind me doing this. Apart from this, a very good post Wanderer, next time we can have you work on 'Illustrations'.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wanderer..That is a good Question!.....I can be funny,sarcastic..Or..a Pain in the Ass!..That is my way of communicating.It is unlikely I will ever change..You know this about me,still you and I are friends.....There are 20,000+ posters on this board..That gives you 20,000+ possible replys you don`t expect or can control.....If you try to control it,you will drive yourself crazy..And..End up on the top of a mountain..In the Wilderness..With a bunch of Drunk,Cigar smoking Penguins..LOL!!..My best to you Wanderer!...OUTLAW

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Wanderer,

Listen to Outlaw if you are not prepared to listen to me.

All I wanted to know was why individuals had this need to become critical, insulting and so forth when discussing the issue regarding the paranormal.

The whole point is that people become critical, insulting and so forth when discussing anything and everything! Have you ever sat in a French bar and heard the dicussions on politics, or Italy and heard rival football fans discuss their favorite teams, or musicians arguing whether it should be D minor or E minor, or Glasgow at closing time when you try to discuss anything at all. People are people. Some are passionate about what they believe, others apathetic, others quietly understated, others very serious and some like myself perfectly balanced in all that I do and say.

This is part of the joy of human life, the things that makes rising from our beds in the morning worthwhile, that is, that people are the sum of their opinions, rightly or wrongly, passionately held or easily overturned. The very thing that the WTS was intent on quashing, the voices in our hearts that make us all different is what we need to celebrate, not monitor like a schoolteacher on the prowl with a stick marked 'be nice'. I would rather a person insult me than be dishonest for example.

Why do you consistently insist in trying to adjust people and their opinions to fit your own parameters? Just enjoy the Board for what it is - a bundle of emotionally damaged, dysfunctional loonies with formatting and posting issues that are not in the advertisers guidebook.

Cheers - HS

• Twitch
    Twitch

Well said, HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit