Why, why can't a girl start the lawn Mower?

by restrangled 60 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

juni I love ya dearly. I gotta say though this just made me .....laugh my arse off for the thoughts that it brought to mind.......

forgive me

Yes. The push button is the woman's mower. I know what BlackSwan said IS TRUE. You have to pull the rope QUICK AND FAST and snappy-like! If you do it too much you flood the engine. Then you're screwed for awhile and then get out of the mood. LOL

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

water can get into the carb bowl. there is usually a bolt in the middle of the bowl. if you take this off, you will notice, most of the bolts are hollow, with a port on the side. make sure this is clean. this bolt delivers the fuel to the bowl. drain the fuel out of the bowl and refill with fresh fuel. another common cause is a fouled spark plug. take it off, and run a medium grade sandpaper through the electrode and ground. this is the little hook at the end of the plug. if you have any more problems, hit me up, i am a mechanic.

• juni
    juni

OMG! After I re read what I wrote it does carry a double entendre, hey? Oh that is good. I think I missed my calling for Comedy Central.

Have a fun weekend BlackSwan! And remember - don't combine alcohol w/fireworks.

Bigdreaux? Sounds very complex.... uh I remember my husband teaching me this too. It's always good to have a mechanic in house. That was nice of you.

I think that Mr. Restrangled just needs to get out there and help his overworked wife and mow the damn grass himself. Oh..it's raining. Well when it dries off .

It's so dry here in Wisconsin we haven't mowed for awhile.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

OMG! After I re read what I wrote it does carry a double entendre, hey? Oh that is good. I think I missed my calling for Comedy Central.

Have a fun weekend BlackSwan! And remember - don't combine alcohol w/fireworks.

It's just my warped sense of humor babe. And lucky you......no fireworks period. I'm something of a prude when it comes to blowing stuff up.

• juni
    juni

OMG! We are on a roll here. Ooooops! LOL

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Terry beat me to the "big jerk" joke, so I will just offer some practical advice:

My father made me mow the grass since I was about 6-7 years old. At that age, I had similar problems in trying to start the mower, especially as all the mowers we ever owned were old and cranky to work with anyway. I assume you're talking about a push mower here, not a riding lawn tractor? Probably a safe bet, since I doubt they even make the pull start riding mowers anymore.

Anyway, you're killing yourself if you use only your arm to pull, and that's what it sounds like you're doing. It helps greatly to put your foot somewhere on the mower (a safe spot, like on top of the mower deck, or the top of the engine-NOT on a wheel, it can roll, don't want you cutting your foot off), and simultaneously straighten your leg as you pull with your hand... That way you're using your leg muscles to sorta kick/push the mower away from you, while pulling at the same time. You might still find that you need a double-hand grip to get enough oomph in it, but you should be able to start it that way. Might be tricky to work out the coordination/timing of it, but once you have it down you should have no problems.

If you have trouble visualizing what I mean, imagine you're putting your foot up on the mower and bending over to tie your shoe...that should be your starting position. Only, instead of laces, you grab the cord handle, and yank+kick, while you straighten to an upright position again. Uses your whole body, really. Lol, probably a great exercise routine as well, I should patent it, The Lawnmower Workout.

• DJK
    DJK

Not sure if anyone mentioned this, most engines with a primer button will prime air on the first three pushes. With my crafstman mower, I prime it eight times and pull the cord slow. Starts right up on the first pull even for my wife.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzl0ks0CbpE

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Bloody hell.

I got to page 3 of this thread before anyone noticed mentioned the dozens of double entendre.

CRUMPET COME BACK WE MISS YOU

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Get a rider and turn the key!

• snowbird
    snowbird

btt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit