Why, why can't a girl start the lawn Mower?

by restrangled 60 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled
    Ok, my husband is in bed, there is just enough light to mow the lawn. The gas tank has just been refilled, and there is fresh oil.

Damn it, I have primed it as required, and have pulled and pulled and pulled the stupid string.

Why cant the damn thing start with out a guy??? My husband is now asleep and the damn lawn is 5 inches tall.

God help me!!!!!!!!!

r.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

LOL! Good luck! Hope it fires up for you!

Mine fires on the first tug every time.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Mine always started right up for me back when I had grass (we have rocks now in AZ desert).

It may need a tune up. Check the spark plug - it may need changing.

Also- if you've tried several times the engine could be flooded. Let it sit a while and try again.

• sinis
    sinis

If you haven't started it in a while gas will varnish in the carb and plug the jets. Or you yanked on the cord, and gas line so much you flooded it.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Maybe the Universe wants you to take a much deserved break r.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Did you turn the switch on?

*coff,coff* of the been there and done that class.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

you have to cuss really loudly and kick the crap out of it..be really really angry then push the mower away sharply as you pull the thingy.

works for me anyway. lol

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

It's the speed of the pull. IMO most people don't tug on it quickly enough.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

LOL I'm so glad my hubby insists I never and I mean NEVER learn how to start the lawn mower. He absolutely will not let me even think about mowing the lawn. On the rare occasion (usually he's been sick or too busy with work) I ask him if he thinks $40 is too much for me to pay Jose tomorrow to mow the lawn, lol works every time!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

mysterious is right.

Pull hard and fast. Seriously. It took me several tries before I finally got the knack of it.

It's a matter of speed. Get tough with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit