Why, why can't a girl start the lawn Mower?

by restrangled 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Put the front of the mower up to a wall. Duct tape the bar down and yank with both hands, lean into the pull with your body weight. Am I weird? I think I'm the only girl I know that used to cut the grass for money. I shovelled snow as well.

• sinis
    sinis

They do make lawnmowers for girls... they are called push button electric start.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    They do make lawnmowers for girls... they are called push button electric start.

OH I'm in love now!

I had a Harley like that once.....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Ok, I am going to fess up to a few things here that aren't so girly...

I replaced the bathroom door knob once. I love to learn to do things men traditionally do, that is if I am strong enough. I am a sissy girl. I'll admit it. I have to bang jars on the counter to get them open. But I climbed trees when I was a kid, even as an adult, and got muddy in the woods. Used to swing on the vines in the dangerous, alligator infested woods in SE Louisiana. I also took and taught ballet. Loved playing with Barbies and I wear make up.

I admire most in this world, characters like Karen Allen in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Feminine, but tough as nails.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I started down this primrose path - expecting a few statements about the lawn mower. I see it is 3 pages. LOL

The mower won't start becasue God is trying to tell your husband to get his ass out there and mow the lawn! Then nice pretty girls can do what nice pretty girls are supposed to do - sit under the umbrella and sip a pina-colada in your bikini and watch.

Jeff

• middlechild
    middlechild

r, i think i have the same lawnmower as u. for future reference if u push the primer button like 5 or 6 times it usually starts for me. i understand ur frustration. so many times i planned my day around mowing the lawn but couldn't get it started for the life of me. so irritating.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    My husband is now asleep and the damn lawn is 5 inches tall.

wow how long has he been sleeping

• juni
    juni

I nominate this thread for "Best of......." in humor. Restrangled you and all the others have me laughing so hard!

Yes. The push button is the woman's mower. I know what BlackSwan said IS TRUE. You have to pull the rope QUICK AND FAST and snappy-like! If you do it too much you flood the engine. Then you're screwed for awhile and then get out of the mood. LOL

That's why I don't DO lawnmowing anymore. Nope. Never.

I don't have the strength in my arm anymore to give it the proper pull. Yikes! I think I'll stop now.

Just get the hubby out there the next time okay?

Juni

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

I don't have the strength in my arm anymore to give it the proper pull. Yikes! I think I'll stop now.

Men just have more practice with giving things a "proper pull" so I suppose that's why we can get the mowers started. Heh.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Great humorous responses to a not so funny situation! Thanks for the laughs.

PS...It's raining today, the grass is another inch longer and the mower is getting wet!

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit