? for you all

by MUNKAFATS 28 Replies latest jw friends

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

we all have different talents etc and as ive never been a witness just read their books why is it that we have 3 kids and our youngest has a gifted mathmatical mind (teacher says hes in the top %2 of the population at 5 years old ) . would the jw then say this is from satan ? and if not then why could he not use it to his greater good , my question isnt about jw doctrine , i just think about this when jw come to visit me as its got to be from somewhere ???

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't think they'd say the talent is from satan. Maybe perhaps the "worldly" counsellors are deluded and you should not listen to their advice.

After all, the superior, most perfect ambition of EVERY Witness child is to go door to door in Jehovah's service.

THAT's what I think a good Witness would say.

I think it's an abomination. Every child is uniquely created by God with their own talents and abilities. To suppress a talent not subscribed by the society is to handicap a child for life.

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

dont even their lawyers have to have brains ? i didnt even know they needed lawyers until coming across sites like this , i feel that if we were to all serve in the jw then why were we given these talents at all!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's some irony for you. I hear that Bethel will sometimes pick up a college-educated Witness kid. Cheaper than training him themselves.

I've heard too, that for the priveleged few, they will pay for college education.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Good question, Munkafats !!

I agree with jgnat - the Witness parents would agree that the special talent comes from God, but would go on to say it should be put to use in God's service (as defined by the Watchtower).

I grew up a JW, and was placed in the advanced (college-prep) math classes in junior high & high school. I graduated in the top 1% of my class. Did I go to college?

Of course not. A good JW doesn't pursue a career or higher education in this "soon to be gone" wicked system (so they say).

If only I could know now what I new then, that Armageddon wasn't "right around the corner" 28 years ago when I could have started college.

Thankfully you're getting this perspective now with your precious child, so that you won't have to steer him into wasting time serving men claiming to have the right to tell you that it isn't God's will for your child to go get a higher education.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Any gifts that they have should be used in their worship to the WTBTS Jehovah.

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

ok but how would a gifted guitar player etc help in the org ? the way i see it is if we were to have these talents they would be in the "new world" so it made me doubt the org as we are given them now!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    how would a gifted guitar player etc help in the org ?

They don't, any artistic expression is not encouraged.

Think of the Luddites and you get some idea of the GB and their WTS.

From what I've seen, it's an awfully discouraging life being a Witness and a musician.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I don't think talent/brains is "given", it's in the genetic make-up of a person. If you go back into that childs family history, I'm sure that someone was musically inclined, very smart or talented in some way or another. The same for genetic disabilities.

The problem is when the natural talent is not encouraged or developed, when it's stunted to do something else as in door to door preaching full time, or Bethel service or even marraige at an early age just to prevent that child from having pre-marital sex.

nj

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

Jgnat....you're spot on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit