? for you all

by MUNKAFATS 28 Replies latest jw friends

• bluebell
    bluebell

i don't think even a dub would stoop to saying that talents are from satan, but they would say that talents should be used in the "furtherence of the good news" ie rather than use your brain, be a magazine peddler.

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

so if im a gifted guitar player then i could stand on the street corner and sing the good news lol

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    i don't think even a dub would stoop to saying that talents are from satan

and that these god-given talents can be used in "the new system™" - how often I've heard the expression "there'll be plenty of time in the new system for (this or that)"

Frankly, I could never see life in their "new system™" being as great as they imagined - too much work from what I could see! I imagined a society of drones doing the bidding of an "Organisation™" much like in many a totalitarian society.

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

ozzie i agree , when jw visited me ive said that im not sure if i want to live in the "new world" , it all seems so boring , what praying umteen times a day etc , ive told them that i could carry on my sinning ways , enjoy it then die

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

munka:

when jw visited me ive said that im not sure if i want to live in the "new world" , it all seems so boring , what praying umteen times a day etc , ive told them that i could carry on my sinning ways , enjoy it then die

Is this at odds with this:

they way im seeing it is that jw seem to teach only honesty which i dont see as being a bad thing at all so why are some of you on here using **** this and **** that or im going to do some fornication now blah blah blah , i dont mean to be offensive at ALL but some of you say you are christian???? or is it that you have been repressed for to long ? help me as i feel stuck in the middle , dont know what to do

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/136037/2424215/post.ashx#2424215

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

why do you keep saying things like this to me ozzie? just because i have visits fortnightly (and thats only when they catch me home as i live 1 hour away from them)it doesnt mean that they are nasty liars , they seem like really nice people to me and as youve probably read from my posts i am not a jw or an ex one . i came here for answers to my doubts that i had about this religon (i since found alot of dirt on the org but not my friends as i guess they believe that what they are doing is right , so it doesnt make them bad people does it ????? world wide in all organisations there are good and bad people arent there??? . since i first came to sites like this i feel really let down about the jw but not anymore so i guess youll just have to excuse my older threads on here !!!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    why do you keep saying things like this to me ozzie?

Really? I wasn't aware.

i guess youll just have to excuse my older threads on here !!!!

"Older" meaning two weeks?

Still, we're glad you've been able to see that "the Truth" is a gross misnomer.

• MUNKAFATS
    MUNKAFATS

well of course it doesnt take a brain bloody scientist to work out that i only joined this site 2 bloody weeks ago to look this up , i was looking for answers not people to pick what i say to pieces and compare my previous threads , so what if i said things like your referring to , yes i was hoping to be proved wrong because i felt that that was the only way to boring everlasting life(i didnt want to become a jw but i was thinking all the time about world situations and other people especially children) , quite honestly after what i have learnt about the jw i feel really let down but not beacuse of ME

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I believe we all have outstanding gifts of some kind. Its just a matter of recognizing those gifts and nurturing them. Some gifts(like your youngest child's)are very apparent and thus easily noticed. Others may not be visible and thus overlooked. Still other may seem unnecessary. I work with someone who can fix anything, he has been working on cars since he was 8. This is a gift, but many just put him in the category of a skilled tradesman. I know another person who has a fascination with rocks. some may think this is a dull hobby, but when you look at the greater geological aspect, it deepens this unique interest.

Apparent talents are great and easily identified, we must take care not to overlook other forms of talent.

As far as JW's go, the problem with them is all talent is strictly for the mis-use of the BORG. If you have say a musical talent their first thought is 'wow you can play for the Bethel orchestra.' If you have outstanding skills they think of how it is of use to the society first and never to the world at large. IMHO the WT$ has wastied and destroyed more talented and gifted people than any group or rulership in history.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit