todays watchtower/marriage counselors

by aquagirl 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Given the state of so many marriages (especially the neglectful Elders' ones) the advice to divorce would probably be the right course of action. Can't have all those overworked Elders getting lonely at night, now, huh?

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    This is what has always pissed me off about the mysogyny of the JWs. Men are born from women and women also originate with men. Neither one could manage without the other when it comes to existence. However, one is viewed as weaker, and sadly seen as less intelligent but on the whole, when looked at rationally, they are more or less the same.

Even while a good and faithful dub, I could not understand this either, why does there have to be a boss?

It's just so immature, aren't we adults?

I love the relationship i have with my husband, headship is a complete non-issue. We respect each other, and that's whats important in a relationship, mutual respect, not having one person lording it over the other.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisntaCircle, You left out fashion coordinators, for women.

Yeah, I know what you mean. They wouldn't let us wear slits in our skirts but they always wore those sexy sexy suits, sometimes not even buttoning the jacket! I mean, they'd be up there on stage, with there jackets unbuttoned, you could clearly see their zippers. How could you sit there the whole time, and not think about their penis?

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

LOL! I remember one analogy an CO made about like mariage being liken to a road trip... and that SOMEBODY has to be the drivee. And that's all marriage was. And that women should appreciate how hard it is and be lucky they are not the ones responsible for driving everybody. CUZ ITS SO HARDZ. And the women and men in the congregation ate it up so fast, I swear. Like a bowl of potato salad at a gathering, I swear, the smiles and giggles and head nods everybody gave... like you can make any analogy on the platform and they will buy it.

Like you can pay bills, take care of a home, have time for sex, manage kids, and deal with each others bullshit- thats liken to a car ride?

And besides, anybody knows on any damn road trip, unless your ass doesn't have a liscence, you WILL be driving eventualy beause the other person is going to get some sleep eventually...

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Edited by me, cause I know the mods would..........

But my remark had to do with something that could be purchased to take care of having no penis!!!!!!!

I wonder if that would take care of the penis qualification prob?!?!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Edited by me, cause I know the mods would..........

But my remark had to do with something that could be purchased to take care of having no penis!!!!!!!

I wonder if that would take care of the penis qualification prob?!?!

LMAO! No.....I knew of plenty sisters™ who had purchased unsaid object and it didn't help qualifiy them!

• anewme
    anewme

I read that article. My view is that there is no place for the witnesses to get counsel and help that wont get blabbed all over the congregation or result in some loss of privileges for one or both of them. Meddling idiots!

And about marriage, I think marriage is wonderful, but to be honest I am so glad there is divorce too.

It too is a welcome "provision" when life with a mate has become unbearable.

They always say when one mate has killed the other " WHY COULDNT THEY HAVE JUST DIVORCED FOR GODS SAKE!
    WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL EACH OTHER?"

So that is why we have divorce. Its often a good thing. People move on. Life goes on and re-stabilizes.
    Re-balances. People find love and joy again even if they divorce when they are older. And the peace after divorce is hard to describe.

And if you get dfd on top of getting divorced it is a double blessing in disguise!

Take my word for it,

Anewme

• Axeman
    Axeman

Hey bud, no penis, no privileges.

Does size matter? Bigger dickhead more priveleges.

Girls re penis envy As Jane's mother told her daughter when she came to her crying because little Johnie was teasing her about not having a penis. Don't worry darling when you grow up you can have as many of those that you want

• Threestars
    Threestars

Original Sin or Penis Envy Revisited

When Eve gathered apples and tempted man
    in the biblical garden of Eden,
    perhaps her antics were part of the plan
    to make Adam deposit his seed in
    her pot, her cauldron, coy witch that she was
    and in lack of that tubular tater
    he coddled and hoarded, simply because
    he had one and she didn’t; but later
    he developed a taste for fruit salads
    it seems, and Eve got her vegetable stew,
    giving birth to the race and to ballads
    that praise his harvest, but paint her the shrew.
    So carve those apples and be a good wife!
    (We have what’s needed and do wield a knife)

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

My second and final comment..........

If you believe the husband is the head of the family........then the wife is the NECK and everyone knows that the NECK can turn the head any way it wishes.

As far as headship goes...I wish I had a NECK to share in turning my head.

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit