todays watchtower/marriage counselors

by aquagirl 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• 38 Years
    38 Years

Again, it's the don't trust anything outside the "Organization" crap. If the couple is unhappy, so what! If they are, they obviously aren't following "Brooklyn's Bible Principles" for husbands and wives. Eventually, if the husband or wife commits "wrongdoing" , they are disfellowshipped.

Don't those shepards take good care of the flock?

• Gill
    Gill

These men are trained to enforce Watchtower doctrine on marriage and not advise on anything sensible! They apply only the Watchtower's interpretation of the Bible and view women as insignificant and the 'cause' of the problem.

A local JW woman recently left her abusive husband. The Elders visited her and told her that 'Jehovah hates a divorcing' and that though they are not spiritual policemen and 'could not tell her what to do' they were in fact there to advise her to follow Jehovah's (the Watchtower's) view and return to her husband if possible.

Sorry to all you former Elders who have now left, but JW Elders are total shit brains on power trips! Who the bloody hell do they think they are with their lack of education in psychology, marriage guidance and counselling.

This is no different to the HLC members who attend hospitals to help Witnesses follow Watchtower suicide doctrines on no blood transfusions even on pain of death.

It is about time that Elders were personally held responsible for the advice they gave out and then the Watchtower Society was also held responsible for all the damage they do to the lives of the people who have been sadly carried away by their false advertising of being the only True Religion!!

These men must be dragged into court along with their master, the Watchtower Society and an example made of them.

• SB
    SB
    This is no different to the HLC members who attend hospitals to help Witnesses follow Watchtower suicide doctrines on no blood transfusions even on pain of death

Isn't there some law, that if your actions directly influence someone's suicide, then you can be held responsible for their death? Doesn't it stand to reason that Liasion comittees that visit patients in the hospital and "help them remain steadfast in their beliefs", would be influencing someone's suicide? JW's are right in one respect, this world is messed up, but they just don't see that they are helping mess it up!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Gill,

Being an EX elder I agree with this.

Sorry to all you former Elders who have now left, but JW Elders are total shit brains on power trips! Who the bloody hell do they think they are with their lack of education in psychology, marriage guidance and counselling.

and this.....

It is about time that Elders were personally held responsible for the advice they gave out and then the Watchtower Society was also held responsible for all the damage they do to the lives of the people who have been sadly carried away by their false advertising of being the only True Religion!!

Thinking back, that is one of the reasons I got very disillusioned being an elder. I saw so much idiocy and ineptitude from the other elders that it made me cringe. I resigned in 1991 almost 9 years before I started my fade.

When my daughter split up with the idiot brother she was married to who wouldn't work to provide for their basic needs in 1996, the elders came here to talk to her and me (she already threw her husband out) they were also complete idiots. No matter how many times and how hard my daughter emphasized the fact that he (ex hubby to be) spent his and her money on crazy stuff and there was not even any money for food.........all they did was to keep repeating..."You have to keep this marriage together. How is it going to look to the congregation if you divorce him? Think about what others will think about the organization."

What a crock. I threw them out of my house on two different occasions and my voice was very very loud!

HappyDad .......a happy ex elder and an even happier EX JW.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i tell any jw's i know to never go to elders for marriage problems

and i tell them why i say so.

my ex was df'd for a while, while df'd he threw me against a fridge in a fit of anger, i was 5 months pregnant at the time.

scared him so he called the elders to complain about why he was mad at me

the elders never once said anything about him throwing me, they sat in my house and told ME to work harder on being a good wife

work harder on getting to meetings, service , etc

one was a house cleaner, one was a shady fella who i dont really know what he did ( he killed himself around 2000 because the end didnt come and he was in a financial mess.. leaving his wife to clean up after him)

it is STUPID to put something as important as a marriage in the hands of untrained men who have an agenda to further the interests of the watchtower bible and tract society. NOT the interest of you or your marriage.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    Damn. I just hate not having a penis. My life would not have been as horrible.

I agree with you, penises are awesome! If your a JW, a penis gives you the ability to be a marriage counselor, substance abuse counselor, life coach, whatever. It also gives you the ability to tell when someone is lying, or if someone is truly repentant. Penises have all the answers!

• Undecided
    Undecided

My penis has died, do you think I could be a better overseer now???

Ken P.

• Gill
    Gill

asphereisnotacircle - That is one damned clever observation you make about penises! How can anyone live a whole life without having one and do anything right and even know what they are doing!

This is what has always pissed me off about the mysogyny of the JWs. Men are born from women and women also originate with men. Neither one could manage without the other when it comes to existence. However, one is viewed as weaker, and sadly seen as less intelligent but on the whole, when looked at rationally, they are more or less the same.

What's with the subjection of women? A recent Watchtower pointed out that women are in subjection to their husbands. If they have no husband they are in subjection to Elders. But, where does it say that in the Bible? If they can't even get that right, how can they possibly step into the mine field of marriage guidance? I certainly don't think people need marriage guidance from window cleaners, used car salesmen or bank clerks, do you?

• horrible life
    horrible life

Undecided, quick, you need Enzyte, and to talk to smiling Bob. And the only way, you will ever be a better overseer, would be to go divinity college.

alt

If they can't even get that right, how can they possibly step into the mine field of marriage guidance? I certainly don't think people need marriage guidance from window cleaners, used car salesmen or bank clerks, do you?

Gill, Why do or did we, allow untrained men, to run our lives? It is truely unbelievable when I think about it.

Why don't we allow them to prescribe medications? Pull our teeth? Cut our hair? Do our taxes? etc...... We let them rule every other part of our lives. Just thinking about this one fact, screams CULT.

aSphereisntaCircle, You left out fashion coordinators, for women.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Hey bud, no penis, no privileges.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit