NOT AGAIN! That's right folks, once again we are now 'very close' 2 the end

by needproof 90 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    If it's weeks off, why did they ever abandon the "this generation" teaching? There will be a few
    adultsteenschildren infants from that time period still alive for the next year or so.

Pure and simple: "CYA, JUST IN CASE."

(*should be the new subtitle of the WTS publications*)

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    we must also help the Bible readers to understand these Bible-explaining books, . . . " (The Watchtower Nov. 15, 1961 p.694)

...........by asking forcing them to grab their ankles and assume the position....."

• Quandry
    Quandry

I remember in 1973, when I was studying, asking the woman who studied with me how much longer we had. She said that we had about two more years. That, of course, would be 1975. I was highly motivated by this information and got baptised in that year.

Later, of course, most said that it was just a few people running ahead of the ORG. when it was the ORG itself that made everyone quake and shudder waiting for 1975.

Yes, wouldn't it be delicious if the WT or Kingdom Ministry as it was in 1975 came out and said something similar? That the end would be a matter of months, not years, again as they did then? No doubt many would then start to leave as many did in 1975 when their prophesies went unfulfilled.

Why did they schedule all the Conventions for this summer if they felt last summer that the end was so close? And yes, why are they selling property, and having a different setup starting in January for the WT magazines?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Quick....buy up all the bottled water and canned goods you can find. really, the end is near....wait a second.....I still have a trunk load of that shit left over from 1974.

Think it's still good?

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Wonder if they will bring back the 6 month study er sorry...the 6 hour study to get em in quick , and if they don't respond ...well they are goats oops ...no they are to be judged at the great tribulation as goats...er oh hell we've got so little time to bring in the sheep for the master Jehovah ....er i mean Jesus ...er you know what I mean

• gumby
    gumby

Quandry asked how the society came up with 1872. They were off by 100 years as shown here,

God's Kingdom Of A Thousand Years Has Approached. 1973. pp. 206, 209

It is true that the editor and publisher of Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Second Presence calculated that the "presence" or parousia of the heavenly bridegroom began in the year 1874 C.E.

In the year 1943 the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society published the book "The Truth Shall Make You Free." In its chapter 11, entitled "The Count of Time" it did away with the insertion of 100 years into the period of the Judges and went according to the oldest and most authentic reading of Acts 13:20, and accepted the spelled-out numbers of the Hebrew Scriptures. This moved forward the end of six thousand years of man's existence into the decade of the 1970's. Naturally this did away with the year 1874 C.E. as the date of return of the Lord Jesus Christ and the beginning of his invisible presence or parousia.

Here were some more dates of that era,

Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence May 1 1881

We would like to correct this misapprehension once for all, by stating that we do not expect Jesus to come this year, nor any other year, for we believe that all time prophecies (bearing upon Jesus' coming) ended at and before the fall of 1874, and that He came there, and the second advent is now in progress and will continue during the entire Millennial age. We believe that his presence will be revealed to the eyes of men's understandings gradually during this 'Day of the Lord,' (forty years - from 1874 to 1914,) as it now is to ours; except that we, discern it through the word of prophecy revealed by the Spirit, and they will recognize his presence by His judgment upon Nominal Zion, and the World.

The Watchtower Reprints, January 15, 1892, p. 1355

The date of the close of that ‘battle’ is definitely marked in Scripture as October, 1914. It is already in progress, its beginning dating from October, 1874.

The Watchtower Reprints, July 15, 1905, p. 3576

[Charts showing 1874 date as start of times of trouble; 1914 as the end of armageddon.

Gumby

• Mary
    Mary
    We believe that his presence will be revealed to the eyes of men's understandings gradually during this 'Day of the Lord,' (forty years -from 1874 to 1914, 1914 - 1925, 1925 - 1942, 1942 - 1975, 1975 - 1984, 1984 - 1995, 1995 - how many more generations are you gonna hang around here wating for The End?
  • lrkr
    lrkr

"Concerning that day or hour no one knows, not the angels or the son but only the father"

Why do they always forget that and start spouting about when the end is coming???

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

does this mean we all need to quit our jobs, cash in our retirement accounts, and pioneer?

• steve2
    steve2

What's the scripture in one of the gospels that warns against people who are always announcing

"The time is at hand"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit