How do you think God feels about atheists? Angry? Amused?

by AlmostAtheist 41 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey Guys,

Have you ever considered what God thinks about atheists? Assume for a moment that he/she/it is there: what's the reaction to non-believers?

I can see him all upset -- A perfect, ordered universe and we assume it "just happened". WTF?

I can see him amused -- Isn't that cute? Just look at them down there.

I can see him complacent -- Eh, if I were in their shoes, I might think the same thing.

Your thoughts?

Dave

• Adolfius
    Adolfius

RELIEF!!!

He must feel relief that we don't blame this mess on him. Probably wishes there were more of us.

"If only they all thought this was just random chance. Those pesky christians going round telling everyone this was all my fault........they're not doing my reputation any good you know."

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Why not grateful?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

i'd like to think he respects me for not being a dumb sheep for the latter half of my life and secretly wishes he coulld be me.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Since GOD does not have a religion he would be more than happy that his creation doesn't. Yeah, he is proud of us.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

"Eh? Don't make Me get up outta this throne! Me dammit, I feel old! Atheists? Phooey! Buncha' smart ass punks! I can't be bothered...............now where the hell is My other sock?"

• trevor
    trevor
    I can see him amused -- Isn't that cute? Just look at them down there.

Down there? This is quite an assumption.

Perhaps God looks out through our eyes...

• DJK
    DJK

If there is a judgement day, I will be judged by my doings and not by what I don't believe.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Right. A supposed all-powerful creator of worlds, universal deity, omnipotent magical being cares whether we believe in him or not? That's like asking me how I feel about what the ants under my deck think of me: Am I amused that they blame me for the environmental issues caused to their nests by using treated lumber? Am I angry that they don't believe I love them? Am I proud of them for doing a damn fine job with their chewing?

Hey, unless they eat the deck and it falls down, I'm barely aware of their presence. Even if they eat the deck and it falls down, it's really only a thing that happened, I have no concern whatsoever with the individual ants, ant families, their community, burrows, or whether they studied their AntTower for the Sunday Special Chewssembly Day.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

God is a parent. He has unconditional love for ALL of his children. He isn't hurt if you don't believe in him or his creative powers. He knows life here is confusing and unsure. He knows why people believe what they believe and he knows we all have extenuating circumstances. I believe eventually all stray creatures, human and spirit, will return to him because he is love and perfect goodness and Good WILL conquer evil.

Yeah, he loves you. Don't sweat it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit