The best WT elders are

by Axeman 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The best WT. elders are no longer serving as elders. Some are stuck because of family etc. Some are working from the inside feeding us new information as it comes down the pipeline.

From the Society's viewpoint, the best WT.elders are those who wear blinders just like race horses and look straight ahead to where the GB. is pointing them to go.And they still get whipped just like those race horses that don't go fast enough. More, more , more, they will break that horses' heart and some of the elders too, literally.. And so, the best elders are no longer serving.

I know of at least three elders who died from heart attacks at a young age serving in my congregation. This is no coincidence.

Blueblades

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

The best Watchtower elders have inflated egos.

It just so happens that their egos are based upon their "works".

Same story at every level in the WTS.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Dead - ( In the sense that all the good ones that I used to know and work with , and taught me a lot, have now passed away. The current crop are indeed rule bound company men with inflated ego's fuelled by the recent study WT's about how the flock have to be subordinate.)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Some qualities that make an elder most likely to thrive in the WT environment:

Power hungry - They have a goal in mind (they want to be presiding overseer or circuit overseer, for example), and they are driven and unsatisfied until they reach that goal. In Watchtower terms, "they are reaching out" for the position of service

Compartmentalized - They are able to project a loving, theocratic persona while onstage, saying all the right things, using scriptures to back up their thoughts. At the same time, they are able to use the Watchtower company rules (justice triumphs over mercy) and come down hard on those who don't appear to be loyal enough to the organization.

Thick-skinned - They are able to handle criticism from fellow JWs, even insults that come their way as a result of their position. Such criticism is like water off a duck's back to them. They may even relish criticism, viewing it as being persecuted like Jesus was.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    Thick-skinned - They are able to handle criticism from fellow JWs, even insults that come their way as a result of their position. Such criticism is like water off a duck's back to them. They may even relish criticism, viewing it as being persecuted like Jesus was.

Very true, it just gives them an excuse to claim they are 'christ-like' and how they must be right because of the opposition

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit