The best WT elders are

by Axeman 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Axeman
    Axeman

I know some Elders want to be real shepherds in the biblical sense and are constantly challenged by WT directions that are cold unloving & self serving and many leave because of this. Such an Elder who has his own conscience and is troubled by it does not make the best WT elder. Im looking to name the characteristics that make the best WT Elders

Like this clasic Elder holding up a green book and declaring "This book is green but if the society said it was black I would say it sure does look green but if the society says it is black then it must be black"

Over to you

• Open mind
    Open mind

Not quite sure where your going here, (could be the tequila i'm currently enjoying) but if I catch your drift, the best Watchtower elder is a company man first and foremost.

Open Mind

(of the, don't owe my soul to the company store no more, class)

• Axeman
    Axeman

Good one open mind that is where I wanted to go And no its not your tequla more likely the gin and bitter lemon that I am drinking

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Best by who's standard? By the GB's standard they would probably be those that are smart, follow orders, and are typical "company men".

• PinTail
    PinTail

My favorite elder is a humble one, and one that don't mind asking you over to his house for pizza and beer or to just shoot the breeze, or one that does not have to pull out a watchtower and cross his legs every time you want to discuss something important to him. In other words one that is not afraid to say @!*# if has a mouth full of it. Above all, one that will cry with you, and not just set there while you cry.

• brinjen
    brinjen

The elders who are best at manipulating shepharding their congregation, they can sell ice to the eskimoes explain the scriptures in a manner that makes it difficult to question easier for his congregation to grasp and understand. They are well off financially humble servants who are always looking out for what best for the WTS their congregation.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

EX elders.

• PopeOfEruke
  • Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

My first, actually my only, thought was the same as "Pope's" as these Elders are no longer in a position to continue encouraging people to cut their own throats spiritually or emotinally. There are NO "good" Elders. There are only pathetic, sick, blind, delursional leaders of other blind people poised on the edge of a chasm walking forward with complete confidence there is only firm ground ahead.

With objective clarity and a lot of "being led" experience,

V

• blondie
    blondie

Having been married to an elder for several years, I have an opinion.

Some know what they are doing is unchristian and don't care, seeing themselves as "gods"

Some know what they are doing (or supporting) is unchristian but are afraid to say anything and draw negative actions by the other elders to themselves.

Some know what others are doing is unchristian and try to say something but draw constant negative actions (knife in the back) by the other elders. These finally give up and step down or just opt out and do nothing or as little as possible as an elder.

I was in one congregation with 5 elders and 8 ex-elders....tells you what the atmosphere was on that body.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit