They didn't know 18 to 20 years ago, that pedophiles were harmful?

by horrible life 53 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• horrible life
    horrible life

http://www.jw-media.org/vnr/2122827332/717263.htm

They just didn't know. That explains it all. They just didn't know, that it would be harmful to a child. They just didn't realize that it would have "longterm" effects on a child.

20 years ago, I was in college. 30 years ago, I graduated high school. 40 years ago, I could have told you that a child being raped at home, church, etc, by a trusted person, would have "longterm" effects.

Who the hell is this person? Is she a witness?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Looks to me that The Watchtower is 'juggling' a quote by an expert in the field to suit a purpose.

• horrible life
    horrible life

When I would babysit, 35 years ago, my father would not allow the man to bring me home. I thought he was crazy way back then. I did, and do, the same with my daughter today.

hmmmmm Just made me think. Maybe my elder dad knew things wayyyy back then, about people in the congragation. I only babysat for witnesses.

• avishai
    avishai

Oh, geez, no, they did'nt know that. That's why they had laws on the books in 17th century Europe against this kind of behavior.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Makes me wonder why the Watchtower NEEDS to put that sort of stupid quote on its information site.

• bernadette
    bernadette

hmmm, wonder if they've taken the quote out of context.

• horrible life
    horrible life

On the same site, is another video called Africa Remembered. I didn't know it disappeared.

http://www.jw-media.org/vnr/4382612162/214331.htm

Look, the starving children got some used clothes! It says a small plane at the very first. Then it says 30 plane loads in the past 10 years. WOW This sounds very fishy to me. Even if this is all they have ever done, which is nothing much, why haven't we heard of this before? I sure hope they didn't adopt this village to take care of. Getting clothes and food brought in 3 times a year, I don't think would do it for me. And do these poor people, really want old JW suitcoats, made of tweed and wool?

Personally, they need to hire ME as their Public Information Person. Even with my feelings toward them, I really think I could do a much better job, than put these 2 videos on the website.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle
    When I would babysit, 35 years ago, my father would not allow the man to bring me home. I thought he was crazy way back then. I did, and do, the same with my daughter today.
    hmmmmm Just made me think. Maybe my elder dad knew things wayyyy back then, about people in the congragation. I only babysat for witnesses.

Good for your Dad, he knew what he was doing. I have a friend who was felt up by an elder as he drove her home after babysitting. But of course, no one belived her.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Just had a thought - how long has the Org condemned Catholicism for this crime?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another blatant lie from the Craptower. I have seen magazines dating back to 1985 that have tips on avoiding this problem, stating that pedophiles were a major problem. The big problem is that they focused on the ones in the world, ignoring the ones right within the organization. And the worst part is when they are silenced and even made to feel to blame. Worse, if they report it, they are held for slander. To me, that is at least as bad as, if not worse than, the original abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit