Paris Hilton headed to prison

by Elsewhere 31 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I do wonder if they are going to try and appeal the ruling.

There is a responsibility that a human has to another. If you are going to drive a car, you should not be drinking, end of story. Many of us have frightening experiences due to someone having a drink and then getting in their car. If you feel you cannot enjoy your evening w/o a drink, then you need to consider whether that is a problem for you or not.

As for the rest of this story. Her mother should have been held in contempt for arguing w/ the judge. The whole "poor Paris" mentality is crazy. And the fact that she tried to blame someone else was also a clear indication that she does not take responsibility for her actions. Considering that she was the one that was drinking and driving and breaking the law, not her manager. If she tries to appeal, I hope that they seek sanctions again her (maybe more time because we know that making her pay a fine is not going to hurt her one bit). She should have learned a lesson from her buddy the Girls Gone Wild dude who is sitting in jail. Your celebrity status and money don't mean a thing when it comes to not obeying a court order.

I do wonder if they are going to try and appeal the ruling.

Paris appealing the ruling is inevitable, given her tremendous financial means.

Judges are given considerable discretion in these matters, and the appeal will fail, despite her great wealth and legal resources. The most they can hope for is a delay in the admission date, but it is virtually certain that Paris will soon be wearing duds that weren't designed by a Beverly Hills designer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit