Paris Hilton headed to prison

by Elsewhere 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    “It’s safe and everyone here is really nice. I haven’t had a problem with any of the other girls. They give me shampoo.”

... teehee. [Cue: Tip head and big round eyes with vacant look]

rotflmao!

• zeroday
    zeroday
    They lost their Commercial Drivers License (CDL) priviledges for 1 year. The employer has a policy that says if you lose your license for 6 months you are fired.

I have a CDL and drive truck for a living. I can not imagine a truck driver risking their livelyhood to drive drunk. I would not get behind the wheel of a car if I had only one beer...

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I have had my life completely altered and had endless chronic pain for 23 years because of a drunk driver. Anyone that gets a DUI should be in for at least a year. It is by far far one of the most irresponsible acts you can commit.

45 days is too harsh? Give me a freakin' break!!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

the butches are gonna love her all up for 45 days i'm sure.

tetra

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

drunk drivers kill people. I have had two of my students killed by drunk drivers. I think that with the first DUI a person should serve jail time, harsh enough so that there isn't a second time. I was on jury duty once on a murder case - got dismissed because I knew the defendant - but the terrible thing is that he had EIGHT previous DUIs and was driving drunk and without a license when he killed an innocent person in an accident. I just think the courts should get really nasty with drunk drivers.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I think it is fan-freakin-tastic that she got the jail sentence. IMO, she got the white glove special treatment by not being sent off to jail the FIRST time she violated her parole- which is likely what would have happened to a "mere mortal". She got a slap on the hand for driving drunk, and then blatantly thumbed her nose at the conditions of her EASY parole (how hard is it to rent a limo driver when you have unlimited funds or hire someone to drive you?) , and now it's "too harsh" to send the little princess to jail? Give me a break! Though I doubt she will actually learn anything from the experience, it is gratifying to see that they judge didn't let her off the hook.

• minimus
    minimus

Regarding those that believe one DUI should be punishable by one year in prison, do you realize that merely having 2 drinks in the course of an hour can make a person legally over the .08 limit?? Have YOU ever done such a thing? Maybe you've had drinks but didn't think you were (legally) drunk. Chances are most persons who have gone out for a few drinks have been over the limit.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Serves the tart right!

She's nothing but a snooty, spoilt, super-rich brat. The media is absolutely obsessed with this stupid tart. What on earth has she ever done to deserve all this attention besides being Mr Hilton's brat daughter! Makes me sick.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

"Regarding those that believe one DUI should be punishable by one year in prison, do you realize that merely having 2 drinks in the course of an hour can make a person legally over the .08 limit?? Have YOU ever done such a thing? Maybe you've had drinks but didn't think you were (legally) drunk. Chances are most persons who have gone out for a few drinks have been over the limit."

All that means is that there are a whole lot more people out there driving under the influence than is safe for any of us. So, if two drinks in the course of an hour would make you legally drunk, then for the rest of us, only have one drink per hour. Driving under the influence is pervasive throughout society and somehow people seem to think it's not really that bad.

Paris Hilton is so fucking stupid that even if she killed someone while driving under the influence, she wouldn't think it was her fault, and she would be offended at the notion she ought to pay with jail time instead of $$$.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit