YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

What an experience getting around on the city bus. On foot or rides from neighbors the rest of the time.

Whatever it takes!

CC

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings All:

Wishing all the best! I've just now returned from a free stay at The Peppermill, Reno, Nevada. What an incredible hotel.

Have you ever been? We used to have our DCs in Reno but never at the likes of such a palace. Some of the dives I shudder to recall ...

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Just another 'mundane' day here.

Why do we call it mundane though? This day never happened before and it will never happen again...

No - today was a special and unique day, just like every other day!

Wow, I love it when sudden deep thoughts overtake me, makes me feel more alive

So, I had a busy day at work, I achieved a lot more than I expected. My immune system is fighting well so far against the onslaught of flu and colds which all my work colleagues have been suffering from. Now I'm at home listening to the radio until my eyes become heavy enough for me to know I'll sleep if I go to bed.

CoCo, I've never visited the US - and probably never will now as it is so difficult to get there even for a holiday. I would have liked to go some time.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, emo, for visiting [as close as you ever shall, this via cyber-travel]. Keep up that profound thought thing. Mental gymnastics is good for the brain. Glad that you're remaining well, too.

Bye for now.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

It's another beautiful autumn day in northern California. Very cool mornings - the furnace kicks on at 65 degrees - but the afternoons are in the 70s.

How's your autumn so far?

Best regards,

CoCo

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

My daughter in law was just here for a quick trip . We enjoyed a beautiful fall day together , i hope the picture is large enough to see the leaves ...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Troubled Mind:

Looks like home! So beautiful. Hope you had a great visit.

Thanks for sharing this lovely scene with us.

CoCo

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

A beautiful Autumn day here! I was on pins and needles for the past week regarding a potential health problem for my daughter, but got a call from her yesterday that she is ok after all. Huge relief. Soooooooo grateful....can't find the words...

Today I did did a seminar in the office of an architectural firm that is in a beautiful old factory building that once held the Waltham Watch factory. Beautiful space... http://www.pocketwatchrepair.com/histories/waltham.html also visited firms in Concord and Newton...enjoyed the scenery between stops. Leaves are falling, but foliage is still pretty spectacular in some areas.

Had dinner with friends tonight...and now winding down.

Coffee

• compound complex
    compound complex

I lose all track of time.

Immersed in Dickens or Hawthorne, I cannot readily shake off the dusty antiquity of a bygone era, however much its imagined reality inhabits no actual space but that between my two ears. The pulsing of real blood through my body come back to earth causes a reluctant awakening to a life sadder than that endured by storybook friends. Allow me, therefore, to reenter that precious twilight betwixt my here and their there, no more to suffer a tortured existence deprived of friends immortalized in ink ...

• compound complex
    compound complex

I attended the 2-day assembly this last weekend.

Circumstances moved me to this unexpected change of attitude toward accepting an invitation. The highlight was seeing dear friends of 30 years, many of whom I haven't spoken with in three or four years. And the program ... ah, yes, the program!

The principal speaker, a humble man of great warmth, concluded that he would pray for us as we all need each other's prayers. Then he startled me by very tearfully asking for our prayers on behalf of him and his wife: we hurt, are in pain and get lonely also ...

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit