More drama between my mom and I

by reneeisorym 42 Replies latest social family

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

YOU KNOW RENEE’ MAYBE YOU DID HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW BUT I TELL YOU SEEING YOU WOULD HAVE KILLED ME THIS WEEK.

I JUST CAN’T HANDLE THIS AT THIS TIME RENEE’ THERE ARE JUST SO MUCH GOING ON RIGHT NOW , JUST DON’T EVEN GET ON MY BAD SIDE.

And its always about her .... I guess she thinks the world revolves around her.

I'm not even going to reply. Its time I shun her for once. Its better this way. I'm going to use the "if you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all." rule.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

I am so sorry for the lose of your Aunt. It never ceases to amaze me how cruel the JW religion and its members are. I didn't find out about my grandmother's death either until it was in the paper. The love they speak of is just a smoke screen for thier power and control over the publishers.

Leslie

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    JUST DON’T EVEN GET ON MY BAD SIDE.

Gee I thought I already was, if this isn't your bad side, what is? Some real tender affection toward you? Sorry about my sarcasism, but this conduct makes me sick.

abr

• Scully
    Scully
    I couldn’t take a chance on you showing up and the family would wonder how you found out. They would point to me some has already made the commit if they knew I was e-mailing you they would have a decision to make.

So she did this knowingly, thought it through to the point where she timed the information perfectly so that you would not be able to go to your non-JW aunt's funeral. It's sickening how they do this. It's even more sickening how they try to justify and make it sound as though it was the right decision.

Your mom is clearly terrified of being caught communicating with you and being disfellowshipped for it. It doesn't make what she did right. But it does show that she is conflicted between fear of what JWs can do to her and love for you.

YOU KNOW RENEE’ MAYBE YOU DID HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW BUT I TELL YOU SEEING YOU WOULD HAVE KILLED ME THIS WEEK.

I JUST CAN’T HANDLE THIS AT THIS TIME RENEE’ THERE ARE JUST SO MUCH GOING ON RIGHT NOW , JUST DON’T EVEN GET ON MY BAD SIDE.

You're right, this was all about HER. The funeral is supposed to be about your Aunt and honouring her memory, not about your mom. I'm wondering if this funeral is going to be a JW Infomercial since the JW family members seem to have commandeered the proceedings. My guess is that it is, and that you were not informed sooner because they knew you would not allow her memory to be violated in that manner.

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Renee: That is such a mean spirited thing for your mum to do! I understand why you are mad and sad. That is a natural reaction to being treated this way.

However, remember that she is enslaved to a cult. Pray for strength to live a life of supernatural love and forgiveness, remembering that but for the grace of God, you too would see life through WT eyes. I am just concerned that if you cut off all contact with her, you may miss an opportunity to help her leave the cult, or plant some seeds of doubt when she is having questions...

• dawg
    dawg

Lord,I don't believe what I'm reading... and I thought my family was bad! I'm so sorry for the passing of your aunt, and more sorry your family is offically "brain dead"

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Don't let your mom make this about her. Make it all about your beloved aunt. You could leave flowers at her gravesite, if it's easy for you to get to. You could keep fresh flowers by her picture right in your home. You could also make a charitable donation in her name - maybe even on a regular basis - and make sure all your family members know!

GentlyFeral

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Very sorry on the loss of your aunt, it sounds like your mom is trying to punish you for leaving the JWs.

Maybe you could visit her gravesite with flowers and have some closure on your own.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

this is terrible..

its these kind of things we face as ex jws that can never be made right and it sucks .

(((hugs)))

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Now that totally sucks. I totally feel for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit