Jehovah's Christian Witnesses??

by Grammy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

A check of the WT-CD shows that the WTS stopped using "Jehovah's Christian Witnesses" in 1986 and have not resumed using it. They even don't let KHs be listed as "Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses."

• esw1966
    esw1966

I remember a hall in California that had split from jw's that took on that name.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Most Christian that I ever talk to say that the witnesses are not Christian. They say they are a cult. Some people even say the jw's are occult.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

One has to wonder if "Jehovah's Christian Witnesses" was not a temporary reaction to the critics who correctly observed that Jesus plays a secondary role in the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. I actually knew of one JW who said to a person "Oh, we don't emphasize Jesus in our religion." I'm sure that she didn't realize what a true statement that really was.

• Grammy
    Grammy

I was a JW from 1974 to 2000 when I disassociated, during the 70's and early 80's I was confronted at the doors many times by an angry householder saying "You people don't believe in Jesus" it's sad how they ignore Jesus in that so called religion.

• rekless
    rekless

I believe in the early 90s they began using the term of "The Order of Jehovah's Christain Witnesses

The Order of --

this

that

and the other.

It nauseated the hell out of me when that article came out-- I thought, We are acting like the Catholics using the term "Order"

I hope I'm recalling things properly

dan walker "The Order of Am I Glad to be Gone, You Betchum" formerly from McComb, Mississippi, Clearlake, Ca. Calistoga, Ca.

• knock knock
    knock knock

And before long...

The Kingdom Christian Hall of The Most Recent Order of The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Most Favorite Latter Day Christian Witnesses.

What? Too Pythonesque?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit