Jehovah's Christian Witnesses??

by Grammy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Grammy
    Grammy

Is it true that JW's now refer to themselves as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I'm not certain that there's a legal entity known as Jehovahs Christian Witnesses, but the term has been used at least since the early '80's to pre-empt householders/customers from assuming they're a Jewish or Old Testament type of group that doesn't recognise Jesus.

• Kaput
    Kaput

The return address on the last letter I received from Patterson, NY (Aug. 2005) says "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses". Maybe someone can confirm with something a bit more recent.

• RR
    RR

The Society for a while ceased using that term, because there was an "apostate" group that used it! We had a group in the Bronx by that name.

RR

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is basically the Service Dept.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is basically the Service Dept.

So the rest of Jehovah's Witnesses are not the Christian Congregation? What congregation might they be, then?

• Grammy
    Grammy

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses is basically the Service Dept. Thanks for your replies everyone...I remember the "apostate" group in the 80's we actually had Jehovah's Christian Witnesses on the KH sign and had to change it, that's why I was surprised to see they were referring to themselves as Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses now. I told my hubby I saw that on here and I don't think he really believed me.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Hello kaput,

That my friend is the question.

Nvr

• Kaput
    Kaput

Exactly.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They have been too heavily influenced by judaism to be called Christian, they hardly ever use the term church and jehovah is their most central charecter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit