Watchtower increases pace of accelerated change

by truthseeker 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

One good thing that will come from the single 'Public Watchtower' per month = Less R.V.'s, since magazines only need delivered once monthly now.

Once the rv stats fall off - they will need to invent another reason to go back. Can't let the numbers fall mates.

Jeff

• garybuss
    garybuss

One idea to save some more hard cash would be to combine the Watchtower and the Awake! magazines into one like the twin comic books were done. One cover would be the Watchtower and if you flip over the magazine and invert it, the back of the Watchtower becomes the front of the Awake! magazine. They could print up some articles in the Watchtower and then flip it over and the rest of the ridiculous articles could be in the Awake! similar to what they are now only with one magazine a month to publish instead of two.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    One cover would be the Watchtower and if you flip over the magazine and invert it, the back of the Watchtower becomes the front of the Awake! magazine. They could print up some articles in the Watchtower and then flip it over and the rest of the ridiculous articles could be in the Awake! similar to what they are now only with one magazine a month to publish instead of two.

ROFL, Gary.

Or - they could just print the answers upside down/backwards at the bottom of the page like they do in those newspaper puzzles. Most of what they say would fit the upside down/ backwards genre anyway.

Jeff

• RubyStevens
    RubyStevens

I think this is part of The Quiet Rebellion you're seeing in American congregations, they try to tighten the leash by explicitly saying no casual clothes outside the convention. But I see very few that weren't predisposed to following this doing so. Especially wearing badges outside. As said it was a relief to step into a cool hotel room and change clothes. There is no way a family with a fussy group of kids is going, "okay you have to stay in clothes you've been in all day, and keep the badges on so we get looks at Chilis, whose with me?"

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

The long held teaching that 1935 is the cutoff date for selection and gathering of the anointed has gone the way of the 1914 Generation change in a convenient "Questions from Readers" article.

Well, I don't know about the reasons for the other issues, but I think this one came about because the governing body realized that even with only a high-school education, their flock is going to be able to count higher than one hundred and forty four thousand.

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Accelerated changes in doctrine and organizational structure -YES

Before you know it, the JW religion will be a mere shadow of it's former self

• undercover
    undercover

Last week I had a JW relative tell me about the new change in the magazines. I knew it here weeks ago and was surprised that it took this long for someone from my former JW world to tell me about it.

To his credit, he figured that it was partly a cost-cutting measure and for a split second I thought, "he's having some independant thought...maybe I can work on this." but my joy was short-circuted when he continued on with how excited he was to have just a "JW only" Watchtower. When I asked why that was, he commented that most of the WT study material was over the head of the householders, so why waste it on them...and wasn't it great how the F&DS knew just how to make changes always for the better...

I agreed that it was probably a cost-cutting thing and let it go...not worth the argument at the time.

It just shows that no matter what the WTS throws at the rank and file, they are, for the most part, going to gobble it up as heaven sent from Jehovah himself.

• M.J.
    M.J.

They need to get in a bunch more in these remaining 7 years before 2014...

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

The end is sooo close......it is almost time to pass out the kool aid.

• Mad
    Mad

I wish they'd change the ASSemblies- where most of the 'Speakers' are just parrots reading their little manuscripts! I don't go to them anymore!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit