Watchtower increases pace of accelerated change

by truthseeker 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

It's not even April yet, and the Watchtower Society is revving up it's change at an alarming pace.

This year, the changes have all been big.

First, they announce that there will be two editions of the Watchtower - a private edition for members only with only the study articles in and a public edition with no articles

The 24 elders may be involved in communicating divine truths to the Governing Body

The long held teaching that 1935 is the cutoff date for selection and gathering of the anointed has gone the way of the 1914 Generation change in a convenient "Questions from Readers" article.

You cannot wear casual clothes AFTER the convention, even if going out to eat.

What's happening here and why? there have been more changes in the decade of the 2000s than at any previous time before.

• ninja
    ninja

hey mate ..where does it say they cant wear casual clothes? what WT?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Ninja,

It was an announcement in the USA KM for April.

• karnage
    karnage

No casual clothes after a convention? What is that all about?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Thanks to Dozy in an earlier post...

APR KM Insert

"Even during leisure time , such as when going out to eat after the programme , we should dress as befits ministers... and should not wear such clothing as jeans , shorts or T-shirts . What a witness this will give to the community."

• badboy
    badboy

WHAT THIS ABOUT A PRIVATE WT,WHAT WILL IT BE LIKE?

• skeptic1914
    skeptic1914

Starting in Jan 2008, the 1st of the month issue of the WT will be for the public (no JW lingo,etc). The 15th of the month will have all the study articles for the month and be talking just to witnesses. Their was a scan here of the actual letter read at the service meeting about a month ago, but I don't know whre it is.

Skeptic1914

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This year, the changes have all been big.

I was thinking of starting a thread, asking the folks who have been here for years about this.

Does this kind of stuff happen on a semi-regular basis, and I was too indoctrinated to
    notice the problem? OR is this year big- as far as big changes goes?

• skeptic1914
  • onacruse
    onacruse

otwo:

I was thinking of starting a thread, asking the folks who have been here for years about this.

Does this kind of stuff happen on a semi-regular basis, and I was too indoctrinated to
    notice the problem? OR is this year big- as far as big changes goes?

It's been a regular thing since as long as I can remember. In fact, it was the "no jeans and no tennis shoes on the open street at Bethel" policy (early 70s), that got me really cranked up. I worked in the janitorial department, and oftentimes I had to take wet vacs, etc, across the street, to get to the next room clean. I asked Merton Campbell (in the Service Department) about this, and said: "So what am I supposed to do? Leave my tools at the lobby door, go up to my room, change into my dress clothes, go back down to the lobby, take the tools across the street, then go back up to my room, change back into my work clothes, and then finish the job?" He said: "Yes." I asked him if this was Scriptural, and he said: "No, but it's what we are expected to do."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit