Listen to phonecall made to WT regarding "Brother Prince"...

by rare treat 48 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Like the saying goes, "Ignorance is bliss." Convenient wasn't it? Selective amnesia??

Juni

• BrentR
    BrentR

They realize that they are in a catch 22. Do nothing and continue to look bad or DF/DA Prince and deal with the fallout in the media and thus look bad.

Give me a break!!!!!! They claim not know about Prince and lied right over the phone to us and anyone else watching the video. Those of you still sitting on the fence please tell us what you think of your brave and devoted leaders now.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Prince about to be in the back room with the 3 bro. Boob's. I like the way my man said our kids cant be cheerleaders or participate in sports, nice touch.

Bravo 'Bro. Farren' Bravo.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Somebody (more than one somebody, probably) is doing a very careful juggling act. They have to have been doing it since Prince first got interested but it's getting more difficult now.

First, they have to paint a false image of the WT society and being a JW to Prince. My guess is that whoever studied with him has concocted this fantasy of what being a JW is all about, specifically for Prince. We all know exactly how much the *real* life, struggles and harshness that the average rank-and-file JW have to deal with, would appeal to His Royal Badness...he'd be gone in short order. I can't imagine he has a clue about what being a JW means to most regular people.

Then, the person or persons has to keep word from getting out to Joe and Jane Publisher that JW life for Prince is very different from JW life for *them*. Because protests will start going up the chain of command and Bethel will cut him loose rather than risk losing control of the rank and file membership. This is much easier because JWs are used to being punished and threatened for asking questions that people in power don't like to be asked.

So, either the 'power behind the purple throne' is somebody with enough clout to shield Prince, who I strongly suspect is also his meal ticket...or he's been able to keep Prince out from under the radar of a strong and humorless body of elders (either by going to meetings at different halls because of 'touring' or by playing the 'fame' card and having him arrive late, leave early and keep him from much contact with the rest of the cong).

Somebody is carefully orchestrating the contact Prince, the Org, and average JWs have with each other. I mean, really...if Prince thinks singing "All along the Watchtower" is a wink and a nod to other JWs, how clueless can he be about how the old farts in charge would view this? When I was a JW, to have associated the 2 would have been to sling muck on Jehovah's name. That was evil worldy crap! And now you have JW kids who think Prince is cool, also thinking it's cool to sing worldly songs with the word "Watchtower" in them? And wearing makeup? tisk, tisk...

Bethel had to have learned with the Michael Jackson mess (back when Thriller came out - we were 'in' then) that having a JW whose fame is *current* is a loose cannon. At first it makes being a JW look cool and might get your foot in the door with more people, but when the star is, for instance, performing things that a good JW isn't even supposed to *listen* to, then studies will figure out it's all BS and quit (along with a bunch of questioning JWs). To keep their 'clean org' fantasy going they have to publicly disown him. It's fine when you were famous 20 years ago and it can be made to look like you've seen the light and changed your evil ways. It's hardly possible when you're a current star or you're trying to get your career going again.

I feel sorry for the average poor pioneer who's dealing with this right now...trying to get his or her head around why s/he, who is desperately struggling to put food on the table and a roof over their heads, has to look at every job opportunity under a freaking microscope, looking for any possible reason to reject the paycheck they so desperately need...and here we have Brother Prince singing at the Superbowl? Pity the poor part-time cleaning person who turned down the opportunity to clean the stadium after the game, because the money would have been tainted somehow...

Prince is a musician who is dedicated to his music. He's not going to turn down the opportunity to get his music in the limelight again. His skewed experience as a JW is not going to hold up to the harsh light of day and the scrutiny that will come from both average members and Bethel. He can't hide his basic personality or his love of music...and up til now my guess is he hasn't learned he needed to. The house of cards is going to collapse.

I like Prince...the real Prince, when he was unashamedly himself, sexual and fun (Darling Nikki was a riot). I can't wait to get him back! Older and wiser!
    Liz

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I forgot to mention the best part. 'What may I ask is your name bro...we dont give out that info.' Ohh really the next question is why are you hiding behind that protocall. Pity it wasn't ole J.R.Brown.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Yeah that was my first concern,....what do you mean I can't tell you my name????? That is down right bizzare. Follow the "faithful and discreet slave" but for God's sake don't let them know who you are. I love they tell him to follow the slave, and then they say the bible. Well he certainly put what is important first, and it certainly is not God's word.

Leslie

• deeskis
    deeskis

Thanks A rare treat.......it certainly was!

I watched your other clips on youtube, They're well done. Please post when your website is up and running.

Best wishes

D

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Somebody (more than one somebody, probably) is doing a very careful juggling act. They have to have been doing it since Prince first got interested but it's getting more difficult now.

First, they have to paint a false image of the WT society and being a JW to Prince. My guess is that whoever studied with him has concocted this fantasy of what being a JW is all about, specifically for Prince. We all know exactly how much the *real* life, struggles and harshness that the average rank-and-file JW have to deal with, would appeal to His Royal Badness...he'd be gone in short order. I can't imagine he has a clue about what being a JW means to most regular people.

good post ! (the whole thing..i just quoted the above)

it's my understanding that prince lost a child to hydrocephulous ( butchered the spelling i know), and came in contact with the witnesses after that while he was grieving. i have no idea what his involvement is now just that publicly his "people" claim he's a jehovahs witness.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    My guess is that whoever studied with him has concocted this fantasy of what being a JW is all about, specifically for Prince.

Prince became a JW because it was one of the last 2 requests of his JW mother, who has since passed away. (The other request was that he get married, and that didn't work out too well for him.)

The JW who studied with him was none other than George Benson, Larry Graham (formerly of Sly and the family stone). Graham moved up to Minnesota for a period of time during which Prince was baptized as a JW. (Graham was an often-requested speaker for the Sunday public talks around the Twin Cities in the late 1990's, but he wasn't scheduled very often.)

(edited to replace George Benson's name with the name of Larry Graham)

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Was it george bensen who studied with prince? I always thought it was larry graham.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit