CO/DO's in the UK?

by pobthespazz 202 Replies latest jw experiences

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

I think David Sidbury was the last C/O prior to my leaving circa 1993+ although I never saw him my wife used to swoon on about how great a speaker he was,

I think the biggest little shite of them all was M Purbrick who questioned whether I was good enough to marry my so called spiritually strong wife, had the classic small man syndrome, and difficult with the body of elders so my old man used to say,

M Hogdson appeared very keen to get inactive ones off the cong records

• core
    core

Re Above:
    David Sibrey has been in Bethel for years now - Writing Dept in London (think hes in charge)
    David Craigs wife was Ginette
    Darrell Elgey ( from Yorkshire) whatever happened to him
    Mike & Dodie Seidler - he had a youth cult - replaced long timers with his favored pioneers (most of whom fell by the way) - anyone over 40 was past it - he missed an entire generation in Circuit Appointments as he always replaced very old with brand new. He destroyed an entire circuit single handedly by this tactic. However, if he had not done so, his delightful wife would have as she was on her own as far as patronising goes.
    Recall Mike Reed was at ours for lunch once - after he watched TV News and commented (over some issue in Africa) " they really are not fit to rule themselves." Aftewr eating our meal the very next day at the DV he ignored us (passed us in a corridor at 2 feet distance - saw us and ignored us) as he busied himself with being in charge
    Also now in Bethel after years as a CO - Ian Turvill & his wife
    Paul Presland (and another can't recall name) had been DOs but served every District in branch and expected at the next reshuffle to be demoted and after being told they were to also help with the MTS Schools they knew they would be demoted as this was as Paul Presland said "a little sugar to sweeten the pill"

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Darrell Elgey. Hmmm

I believe that he was CO in West Yorkshire when I left ('99) He was in his early 30's. I went to pioneer school with his wife, Wendy.Total company man. Totally patronising. Why, DID something happen to him Core?

I believe people like David Elgar are the worst sort. "Theatrical" is not the word! They know exactly what is going on on the ground and behind the scenes but they choose to perpetuate this "Spirit lead" "God's Exclusive Channel" crap.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

don nevard

keith baker

robert strickland

and how could we forget...david bingham

is colin bird a single black guy...cos if he is then he was on the foreign language circuit that included scotland...

• uriah
    uriah

Mike Sidler was as we called him the 'Designer' CO. He and his daftly named wife Dodo or was it Dodi only mixed with the brown - nosers if they had money. He was an arrogant condesending turd as I remember. I think they had a private income and drove their own car instead of the bog standard issue one. Are you allowed to say turd here? The only one I had any time for was Richard Cullen, the most humane and human of them all - unless anyone knows different.

• Zico
    Zico

'is colin bird a single black guy...cos if he is then he was on the foreign language circuit that included scotland...'

Not the Colin Bird I know. He was white, and was married.

• core
    core

Re Darrell Elgey - no - not aware of anything but somehow he just vanished from the radar and does not seem to be known anywhere - think he was suffering from awareness of things but also aware he was powerless to change them
    Re Designer CO Seidler - yes - amazing how so many in the CO ranks gravitate towards houses with 5 bedrooms, large cars, holiday homes etc - and then by pure coincidence these same wealthy ones appear at the CAssy & DAssy assigned parts or responsibilities - Mike Seidler used to suggest "owning a block of flats" to pioneers as an employment opportunity!
    Wilf Gregory (deceased) small man who would wait several minutes for quiet before starting at talk at the Circ Assy - small man syndrome though on a personal level a decent man

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Did any of you guys have the DO David Carter assigned to your congo?

david remarried a girl he met 2 months prior at a pioneer meeting rehearsal..got 'demoted' to just an elder in anniesland cong in glasgow where he didnt quite come to terms with not being the c.o...died not long after...poor girl he married - her first husband had ran off to become part of the gay scene in london so she lost 2 husbands in almost as many years...as oscar wilde would say to lose one is unfortunate but to lose two was just plain careless.

Anton Irons ...a sister on his circuit wrote to the bethel to get him removed as a c.o cos she had been on dates with him and she said he had just led her on..probably true mind...although on one date (not ness the same girl) he had finished his big meal and said he felt like oliver hardy and the sister asked what congregation he was in.

John Flack (superb public speaker)..remember all the tie-ins with gb speakers we had for international conventions one year...but someone had to prepare the talk to give in case the gb speaker keeled over...john was one of these..it was so funny watching him sitting on stage desperate for the gb tie-in speaker to stop so he could continue...can anyone say schadenfrued

Also David Craig, who came off due to depression or somesuch.Perhaps he heard his own music?

well he must have played it in reverse..hehe.. see what i did there

Isn't little Andy Schofield now on Circuit?

well he did his first week training when i was df in riddrie hall...twas nice coming to the meeting and being shouted at for an hour 3 times that week...he broke a leg or something skiing or something...so dont know what hes doing now...joe someone and tony boyland (idiot chairman on my jc) were also temp co but dont think any of them made it to the big time yet

bobby bell..he used to hate it when people said cricket was boring..he said it made the hairs on his neck stand up when folk said that..he told me once it used to be the blood issue..lol

cliff hensman...got remarried and had to go ask her husband to sign the divorce papers so he could

roddy hollyoake...was paranoid that his circuit car was going to be stolen while staying in a rough part of durham so the first night he didnt sleep and got up every hour to check on it...with a stunning wife too...no probs tho car was still there in the morning...went out in fs that day..came back at break time and the car was gone lol

gordon webb...wifes name was honor...one study thought it was a little strange when the sister conducting kept asking her to read a scripture paragraph or make a comment by addressing her as 'your honor'

mike read...upset a number in the hall by showing up the egyptian priests as no more than conjurors by performing magic tricks in the kingdom hall from the platform for his thursday night talk...i kid you not...brilliant..

I trusted none of them, never did, never would have, never will.

i trusted them all...more fool me

The charge was apparently theft..He was exiled to Pioneer in Manchester

so you can be a thief and pioneer then but not serve in bethel

• bernadette
    bernadette

Anton Irons ...a sister on his circuit wrote to the bethel to get him removed as a c.o cos she had been on dates with him and she said he had just led her on..probably true mind...although on one date (not ness the same girl) he had finished his big meal and said he felt like oliver hardy and the sister asked what congregation he was in.

When he visited one congregation he was introduced as 'the co who was single and intended to remain single'. If there was a time that the sisters wished they could boo this was it.

He was very redfaced and apologetic when he got on the platform. Not a good way to start your circuit visit.

For the rest of his visit, everything about his appearance got criticised. I felt quite sorry for him. He got married soon after.

• Number 6
    Number 6

Ah the memories....

Peter Morgan.. he was the bald guy with the wierd diet, due to some strange illness. i had a lot of time for him as he took the time out to help me in a difficult period. Came to our house for dinner and only ate some museli and water type thing.

John Flack... he could be talking about the most irrelevant Watchtower Drivel and make it sound like the sonnets of shakespeare so good he was at public speaking. He was a pleasure to listen to.

David Carter? Wasnt he the one who looked and acted a bit like the actor Robert Moreley? He used to ask the audience questions directly from the platform of the Circuit Assembly, although no one could here any answers as no mics were provided at the cct assemblies. Quite a comedian and i seem to remember him having Hamilton Town Hall in fits of laughter with his banter in the late 80's,

Ray Midgely.. & Gordon Webb (where to start) came along to Lanarkshire no.1 in 1980/81 as the fallout from Brooklyn over the Franz Incidnent began to be felt worldwide. They cracked the Watchtower whip very hard and my gullible step father then aspiring to be an elder brown nosed them the whole way and didnt i pay the price in his desire to run a 'Theocratic' household. Thank you the pair of you for contributing in no small measure to the hell i live in in the early mid 80's. Ray in particular who embarrassed me totally at a door in Strathaven when a scantily dressed female answered the door and he asked me if it gave me any urges.... in front of the poor woman! W*nkers the pair of them.

Alistair Campbell... a true gent... large man with very 1970's glasses who used to be missionary in south america. showed the local elders up and came to my wedding with my wifes disfellowhsipped sister attending and thumbed his nose at the whole shower of twats in EAST KILBRIDE WHITEHILL CONG who thought they would play the WT 15/09/81 card and all be good boys and stay away.Alistair was 10 times the man any of you lot were and to this day although I havent the time of day for the Watchtower I have nothing but praise for him when he came up to the front of the KH after my wife and I were married and wished us all the best and gave a nod to my new DF sister in law.

Chris Thompson... dull boring and unimaginative. Yes he was from Anglia and came and went in one sitting summer of 1985.

This thread brought back a lot of strange memories... pleasant unpleasant and plain weird!

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit