CO/DO's in the UK?

by pobthespazz 202 Replies latest jw experiences

• IT Support
    IT Support
    i heard a few years back that alex docherty had left but i dont know how reliable the info was.

nelly136: I also heard this. The last I heard (and it was many years ago) was he was living in Kent, possibly Ramsgate. Are he and Ann still together?

John Nuttal (removed)

Ross: Any idea if John also left the borg? He was in Matlock when I knew him.

I also heard Alan (or was it Peter) Longworth had left, possibly a number of years ago now. Can anyone confirm? From memory, both father and son had been missionaries in Brazil.

Perhaps we can start of new thread of COs/DOs who've left the organisation?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Tij:
    Thanks for the update. It has eaten me for years that I never knew. I'm glad he's working to his skills,and can only imagine he's doing VERY well at it! That pleases me immensely, as he and his wife were a lovely couple.

IT:
    I heard he only got reproved. I think they stayed in Matlock, at first, but then I lost track as by this point I had moved back to Scotland.

• nelly136
    nelly136

i'd heard he was in ramsgate but it was a long time ago so i don't know if he stayed there or moved on.

i have jw family in thanet but dont have anything to do with them anymore.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Ross: Thanks.

nelly136:

i don't know if he stayed there or moved on

Oh well!

i have jw family in thanet but dont have anything to do with them anymore.

Too bad, I sympathise.

Wouldn't it be great if some of these ex-COs and ex-DOs were lurking - or even active - here on JWD ...

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Nellie,

i heard a few years back that alex docherty had left but i dont know how reliable the info was.

Yes, it is reliable. He left many years ago and is in business in Ramsgate ( very successfully ) and last thing I heard he was still married to Ann. He was a bright fellow and in our discussions it was obvious to me that in the late 70's he was well aware of the 607BCE/1914CE debate and was already planning a future outside the WTS. LT, Michael Spurr. Middle name Hector...lol. Spirited little chappy. Tom Maltby - still alive! My God, the man was a wrinkled bubble of lard thirty years ago. A testament to the strength of Yorkshire over body. Wilf Gregory died a long while ago. A collective sigh of relief was heard as far away as Krakatoa. HS

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Chris Thompson, - wasn't he from Norwich area - definitely East Anglia

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Stilla:
    Yup - East Anglian lad. I used to be on the East Anglian Quick Build team for several years, so I had plenty to talk to him about.

Hillary:
    I never knew his middle name was Hector - LOL.

He certainly was spirited. I still recall the first time I met him, giving a talk on a CO visit using the illustration of Nero fiddling while Rome burned. Since I played the fiddle I was most disgruntled with the way he carelessly discarded his imaginary fiddle. Apparently he'd been told on a week or two previously that he was holding it in the wrong hand

He's ageing gracefully. I last talked to him at the District Assembly in Nottingham in 2000, up in the executive boxes, along with Brent Smith and a few others. Brent was looking pretty poorly at the time, and subsequently (two years later) sent my wife a commisseration letter on hearing of my Disassociation

• bernadette
    bernadette

Chris Jolly

David Rastall

• core
    core

Little Toe Re David Craig - seem to recall his wife had parents in the Stoke on Trent area and that he and wife owned a flat there (?) - do remember that wherever they were they would dash off to Stoke on Sundays thru till the Tuesday - also recall vividly his astonishment at his posting to a Scottish Circuit when he had specifically asked (and visited Bethel to do so) to be near family (Stoke) - he was of the opinion that "someone" ((methinks Ron Drage but who knows)) decided that he should be shown who decided where COs went and not to ask again - the first Scottish circuit was probably yours as recall (vaguely) that they were off to a "travelling" circuit with no flat. He was a decent guy who tried and fought against the flowing tide
    Colin Bird - whatever happened to him - whatever it was it was too good

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Tony Taverner (boring)

Mike Sidler (always hung out with the elite)

Richard Cullen (good humoured, got the kids involved during his visit)

Stanbridge chap

Colin Conraderie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit