How do I have everlasting life?

by soulfinder 54 Replies latest watchtower bible

• acadian
    acadian
    And...I now have two reasons to want an ignore poster button. (I'm sure you do to) Thanks Acadian.
    No problem! Glad I could help. Oh, if you don't like the topic, then don't post to it. Gee, I wonder who started this thread? could it be...Soulfinder? Soulfinder if your not to pushy with your beliefs you won't get so many people's panties in a bind... Also, many here don't want to hear about God, most are here for the comminality of being JW's or ExJW's. and for help with dealing with Watchtower brainwashing ect. but don't let that stop you from posting what you believe. There are a few here that do believe in the teaching's of Jesus, but there's also a wide varity of other beliefs. (but hopfully we can all show respect to each other regardless of our differances) Acadian
  • Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    One thing I don't understand about the chemical imbalance thing is how a whole new person can be created in your mind.

if the imbalance is enough, a whole new world can be created let alone a person. i recommend you read 'DMT: The Spirit Molecule' by Dr Rick Strassman. i would talk about the book on here, but im banned from doing so as DMT, even though its produced in the brain, is an illegal substance in a lot of countries.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    One thing I don't understand about the chemical imbalance thing is how a whole new person can be created in your mind.

The scary thing is that you would probably not even know it if it were happening to you right now.

Might even mistake it for Jesus talking to you.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

acadian:

You have to realize what your dealing with here Soulfinder...
    1 Corinthians 3:14, "But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."

If the "natural man" is someone with the sense and intelligence not to accredit some tribesman's murderous and archaic god of war, and his offspring, for the unimaginable wonders of an infinite universe, then this scripture only emphasises the bibles copious nonsense? Either that, or it's actually referring to you and others who worship as "the most significant and high": anthropomorphic characters and images chiseled in the tiny dark corners of the carnal mind. Like they say: if a tricycle created and worshipped a god, it would have three wheels. j

• soulfinder
    soulfinder

Sorry guys, I'm not a fortune teller, nor do I recommend you going to one. When God shows me the future, He shows me what He wants.

As far as everyone dying, that is just the way things are. Even in the bible it says that it is appointed to every man to die once, then they will stand before God and be judged for the things they have done (both good and bad).

As for the chemical imbalance thing, I hope you can tell by my posts that I am coherent. I understand your concerns, and for someone to tell you that they hear from God is hard to believe. One thing I'd like to mention is this, that God talks to whomever He chooses. If you ask Him He may speak to you, but I'd reccomend being humble about it and not doing it just to test Him.

We really are spending a lot of time discussing the same things, and we can continue if you'd like, but maybe I'll start another thread soon and we can all hang out and shoot the breeze. As far as this thread, I'd like to get back on topic, so here goes (and please keep in mind that this is a bible study).

Jesus said that the only way to the Father was through Him. It is God who sustains life, and the only way to know Him is to go to Jesus first. That being said, if anyone here would like to know their creator, the first and best step would be to go to Jesus, and ask Him to bring you to the Father. You can also ask Him for the Holy Spirit, to forgive you for the things you have done, and to help you do what is right, and these are things that God wants for us, so if you ask He may very well give them to you.

If for any reason you are ever confused, or want to understand more, the best thing (even better than cracking a bible open) to do would be to go to Jesus and ask Him to teach you. He knows you better than anyone else (save God) and can teach you in way that you will understand. Not only that, but He is very wise, and can show you more than any other person.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit